• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Incoming - And a massive public thank you to greasemonk

Just received this lovely Pagani Design chrono from @greasemonk :yahoo:

20210209_172048

It came supplied as watch head only, and the only strap I could find in my spares box was black leather with white stitching, which actually doesn't look too bad (it's not as shiny in real life as it looks in the photos).  I might switch to black rubber sometime, but it's fine for now.

The watch is slightly smaller than my usual gigantic types, and to be honest that's probably not a bad thing.  It sits nicely on the wrist, and appears to be really well made.  I can't even pretend to have any idea what a bleedin' Mecaquartz is, or what it does, but I'm reliably informed that's what is inside it, and I'll assume that is a good thing?  :laugh:

Here's the gratuitous wrist shot:

20210209_172023

The case finish appears to be shiny all over, which is quite unusual and I like it.  Most modern watches seem to be a mix of shiny and brushed or satin steel.

The crown and stopwatch pushers all feature screw-down locking, which is a first for me.  I won't use them, of course, but it's reassuring to know they are there :tongue:

The silver hands over a white dial can be quite tricky to see in some lights, but that probably says more about my eyesight than the watch design... Overall, it's a cracking looking watch, and I really like it :yahoo:

One last pic showing the engraved case back, which also looks great:

20210209_172223

In summary, and excellent watch for just 45 of your English pounds - Thanks very much to our resident Greasy Monkey, and of course thanks to @Roy for providing this awesome forum  :rltrlt:

Comments welcome, as always :thumbsup:

• Like 13

@Davey P what's the case size?

The Parnis Daytona is 39mm and looks fantastic for it. 

I had mine on a black rubber strap which looked cracking. 

Bought it on eBay for £45 brand new. 

Sold on eBay 6 months later with the hammer falling at £80!...

Edited by antjrice
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Davey P said:

Just received this lovely Pagani Design chrono from @greasemonk :yahoo:

20210209_172048

It came supplied as watch head only, and the only strap I could find in my spares box was black leather with white stitching, which actually doesn't look too bad (it's not as shiny in real life as it looks in the photos).  I might switch to black rubber sometime, but it's fine for now.

The watch is slightly smaller than my usual gigantic types, and to be honest that's probably not a bad thing.  It sits nicely on the wrist, and appears to be really well made.  I can't even pretend to have any idea what a bleedin' Mecaquartz is, or what it does, but I'm reliably informed that's what is inside it, and I'll assume that is a good thing?  :laugh:

Here's the gratuitous wrist shot:

20210209_172023

The case finish appears to be shiny all over, which is quite unusual and I like it.  Most modern watches seem to be a mix of shiny and brushed or satin steel.

The crown and stopwatch pushers all feature screw-down locking, which is a first for me.  I won't use them, of course, but it's reassuring to know they are there :tongue:

The silver hands over a white dial can be quite tricky to see in some lights, but that probably says more about my eyesight than the watch design... Overall, it's a cracking looking watch, and I really like it :yahoo:

One last pic showing the engraved case back, which also looks great:

20210209_172223

In summary, and excellent watch for just 45 of your English pounds - Thanks very much to our resident Greasy Monkey, and of course thanks to @Roy for providing this awesome forum  :rltrlt:

Comments welcome, as always :thumbsup:

I'm very tempted by the other one for sale.