• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Well this is sort of not watch related but is watch related, if you get my drift.

I generally have my watches hanging around the wife's make up mirror which is a little hap hazard and has lead to a couple of watches falling off and going missing for a while!

50928777172_dcde584024_m.jpg

So after some work in the lounge and the removal of a wooden mantle piece I had some spare wood laying around and with some basic hand tools managed to fashion a shelf for displaying and holding my watches.

50927967978_5e4b36dcd0_m.jpg

Each holder is approx 50mm high and created by cutting circles out of the wood and gluing two together and then sanding them down with a drill and sandpaper to the correct girth to accept all of the watches, bracelet and band, then gluing and dowelling these onto a 'shelf' which sits on the make up mirror (it can be wall mounted too, if the wife doesn't like it sitting there!)

et Voila

50928653211_2f0dc4105b_m.jpg

There are smaller ones on the end for the wife's watches and 7 for my weekly bunch, I have a further 6 or 7 in a draw.

Next time I will perhaps buy some different wood and a couple of more hand tools, a drill stand to help with straight holes and maybe an orbital sander to help with achieving a good finish!

• Like 2

Thanks guys. Not sure about a cover for it, that then means I have to open and take rather than just grab!

I'm thinking that in a while I might make another one from some exotic hardwood, not sure what yet, it wold give me a bit more room and open up the possibility of buying another one or two.......