• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thursday Timepieces 11th February 2021

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning all, got this one .. as well as my Apple Watch !! Missed a normal watch !!   Just feel daft wearing two 

Me too ! ... Reminds me of my army days when they used to vaccinate us en masse for every dreaded lurgy known to man every time we went abroad This will be on my wrist when they give me an armful

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Off for my Covid jab today...

Me too ! ... Reminds me of my army days when they used to vaccinate us en masse for every dreaded lurgy known to man every time we went abroad :biggrin:

This will be on my wrist when they give me an armful. :cursed:

50931196148_d85fc7a7f1_o.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, chocko said:

2021-02-11_06-13-04

a92 closed , cross country route to work a no no today. home again , kettle on. they give holidays so i'll take one thanks 

that bracelet looks nice ! any chance of another shot ?

swapping from 5610 back to same seiko as last few days - wont bore yiz all with another picture of it today ... toodles...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

a92 closed , cross country route to work a no no today. home again , kettle on. they give holidays so i'll take one thanks 

that bracelet looks nice ! any chance of another shot ?

swapping from 5610 back to same seiko as last few days - wont bore yiz all with another picture of it today ... toodles...

Seiko on new wire strap

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Morning,

It’ll be this 37mm Lindor today. It probably dates from the 1950s. It's a brand which has so far defied my efforts at establishing who made it although, with “Swiss Made” on the dial, it’s unlikely to have been by either of the two French makers recorded in Mikrolisk.

It runs on a seldom-seen 15j Juillard (Bulla) 46 which is similarly unrecorded in any of the usual movement databases.

Regards.

Lindor 2019 2 v.3.jpg

Lindor Bulla 46 2018 v.3.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

First expedition down, holding up well. Still snowy so no surprise to come across a penguin en route.

p?i=04444c560af979893a874bcffd89eb51

so for anyone wondering about the durability of a G-Shock. I bought this one second hand when it came into my charity shop in about 2012. Obviously before long it needed a battery so I spent about a day undoing all the dozens of stupid fiddly screws and dismantling the whole casing as you have to do to get a battery in there. All re-assembled I was wondering just how much of the claimed 200m water resistance it still had, so I took it swimming as you do. Didn't just leak, it completely filled with water, so I had to strip it all down again and let it dry out, put a battery back in & stuck it all back together and it's never missed a beat since.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1