• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Old Pulsar kinetic.  Lume was still good for 6 hrs plus, obviously I charged it up again for the pic.

IMG_20210213_043528421(1)(1).thumb.jpg.643c1bd7604d9aeb4a7e5da723b9198e.jpg

I am quite exhausted, having spent the last of my sleeping hours persuading my fellow crew members, on some kind of steam-punk ballooning expedition to Mars, not to maroon a stow-away on the Red Planet.  

Have a great day, Earthlings.  Luckily we still had enough lift to escape Martian gravity, and my watch has been unaffected by the journey through the fabric of space time. It's all in the nap.

IMG_20210213_044837133(1)(1).thumb.jpg.c2e40ce6ce24865406960de9b08ae87a.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two days since my Covid vaccine and I still have a high temperature, the shakes, a headache, pain in all my joints and muscles and can't sleep ..........feeling great otherwise. Please excuse me while

Posted Images

Two days since my Covid vaccine and I still have a high temperature, the shakes, a headache, pain in all my joints and muscles and can't sleep ..........feeling great otherwise. Please excuse me while I go back to bed .... :swoon:

8419790334_00dacbd9b5_o.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Morning,

This 1960s Swiss-made Marvin today. It runs on a 17j Marvin cal. 741 which although unrecorded in any of the usual archives, would have started life as something like an Election 805/885 before finally morphing into the Longines cal. 490.

Until very recently, I hadn’t been aware of this excellent “Honours Topic” here https://thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/108752-marvin-watches/ outlining the history of this brand which remained family-owned from 1850 until about 1970.

The name was resurrected early in the millennium, seemingly as a boutique brand.

Regards.

Marvin v.3.jpg

Marvin 741 v.3.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5