• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

2021 Lockdown...What watches have you bought so far?

9 hours ago, kanab22 said:

This one on a big discount and interest free credit. Sales watches couldn't be had on interest free previously.

large.20210113_100954.jpg.dbb1c4e1cfec1317645a1a12eaec6730.jpg

Also, bought a rather special watch yesterday but had to use my birthday money so will be kept hidden away until June.

Awesome arent they, got the brown on leather.

Managed to get mine down from £1800ish to just under 1500 which I was very pleased with.

The black looks stunning on the beads of rice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The year started off slowly for me, but I have started buying again this month. It got me wondering what other people have been buying based on the fact that most purchases will have been done on

These two

Snap! I picked this guy up in January too.  In addition, I've also got these three but no plans to add anything for the foreseeable:    

Posted Images

Sadly I parted ways with my beloved Zenith as it simply didn't get the wrist time & given the current situation wasn't likely to get any going forward either. 

I used Chronohunter for the 1st time to sell the watch, they are like a reserve Car Wow type platform, no fees to me and Watchfinder ended buying the watch of me via them. Really good professional service, once the watch is live on the platform retailers send you offers and then you are free to negotiate directly with them. Definitely worth a go also they do the same if you want to buy a watch, you list what you want & then retailers will send you offers.

I attempted to purchase Squale 1521 full lume through Jura which didn't end well but they did redeem themselves so got to applaud the CS! I ended with:

image.png.aa677a60eaf7909489deda91687119e9.png

Which I really liked the look of at very decent price from Jura.

opposite ends of the spectrum dive full lume to smart dress watch but hey you never know what twists or turns life throws at you. 

20210124_182537.jpg

• Like 2
17 hours ago, fastmongrel said:

Just the one a cheapo San Martin bronze watch I bought off Alibaba for £138 just because I was bored one night and fancied trying a Bronze watch.

San Martin Watch

I’ve been quite impressed with my cheap San Martin. Runs a little slow but doesn’t bother me too much 

20 minutes ago, fastmongrel said:

Mine seems to have settled at 4 sec's a day slow. Not bad for a chinesium special.

Mine was 25secs a day fast, I fettled the movement a tad and now it’s 20 secs slow ;)

I must point out that I have no idea what I’m doing! Ha

New here - hello!

Treated myself to a Bulova Marine Star - the 98a172. I had to hunt for someone who had it in stock as I think it's discontinued?

It's this one:
s-l1600.png

I'm new to watch buying, but very picky. I'm a woman but I only like men's watches - typically chunky, slightly techy-looking chronographs. I really like Citizen (I have two Eco-drives, a stainless steel Nighthawk and the Perpetual Chrono A.T which I love), but I like Bulova's heritage, and Citizen didn't have anything right now that really caught my eye. I wanted a gold (well, gold-plated) watch with a very distinct look, and I fell for this one. I love it to bits. The only thing is, I'm so used to looking at my wrist and seeing the date that this one keeps throwing me off!

Got this one for a nice price too - a little over £100, which is great - I usually aim for about £300 for a watch so was really pleased with this.

I'm now haunting eBay for my first vintage watch. I keep looking at Longines but I think I need to do a lot of reading up before I take the plunge, so as not to end up something not worth having.

• Like 2

I have a pretty rare watch coming in.  It is expensive,  too small for most men at 32mm and quartz.  It is also 18k gold, including the bracelet, and the dial and case are diamond set.  If it had roman numerals and a cyclops lense it would just about tick everyone's no list :biggrin:

But only 650 were ever made, and it is by one of the Big Three, so quality is assured.  I have not seen this model in the flesh before so I am looking forward to it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

notnot bought for ages (since the overpriced seiko :laughing2dw:) , much as l love my 5610  can't use the buttons in gloves so this 7900 joined the fold.

I know where to get my "Zoom ready knitwear" now. :thumbsup:      :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Wobbit said:

Mine was 25secs a day fast, I fettled the movement a tad and now it’s 20 secs slow ;)

I must point out that I have no idea what I’m doing! Ha

I have tuned watch timing but it's always been a fortnight long process of OVERCORRECT UNDERCORRECT overcorrect undercorrect over under ove und ov un.

• Haha 2

Started on 3rd Jan with the black dial Allaine which I had on WRUW a couple of days ago. Then a Citizen 8110 chrono I bid on when my brain was disengaged. It's an aftermarket restoration which would horrify purists, but actually I like it, and I didn't pay an authentic price for it, so .... :hmmm9uh:

Also a vintage Mondaine auto is on its way.

• Like 1

Should be with me in the next day or so. I wasn’t really looking and I told myself no more.

I’ve had a rough few weeks and last night I stumbled across it at the right price, so just put it in the basket. I woke up this morning and it took a few minutes before the “Oh FFS I bought another watch didn’t I!” hit me ! :biggrin:

No regrets though! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
23 hours ago, WRENCH said:

These two,

large.20210205_100644_kindlephoto-628776.jpg.e06799653ef24818f93c5edcbae2310d.jpg

91yOuVlqfdL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

large.20210208_201808_kindlephoto-5187650.jpg.7149d0c14c17582bbea285bb0202de15.jpg

I have one of those Timex Grid Shock watches, I think they are a great watch...just don't ask Timex where you can buy a spare/replacement strap...I was told to go and to check Google for one by the Timex Customer Service Department...is good customer service a thing of the past...it is with Timex.

18 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

.is good customer service a thing of the past..

Timex, in my experience, are one of the worst. Your nearest Rolex AD is pretty bleak as well. (No names mentioned)