• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

2021 Lockdown...What watches have you bought so far?

The year started off slowly for me, but I have started buying again this month.

It got me wondering what other people have been buying based on the fact that most purchases will have been done online as the shops are not open.

The only odd thing is that I have mainly bought is Casio... and one Seiko from @Roy(thanks Roy).

What have you bought?...pictures please.

item_XL_5570281_2589950.jpg

Casio Edifice Red Bull

• Like 10
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The year started off slowly for me, but I have started buying again this month. It got me wondering what other people have been buying based on the fact that most purchases will have been done on

These two

Snap! I picked this guy up in January too.  In addition, I've also got these three but no plans to add anything for the foreseeable:    

Posted Images

Has lockdown changed the brands you look at?

I normally buy loads of Seiko watch, but they are leaving me a little 'cold' at the moment.

Somebody else had a thread about watches looking the same, and to be honest that's why I am turning away from Seiko as they are getting a little bland.

I have become a bit of a Casio fan, crazy value, and rock solid movements.

My new G-Shock is now one of my favourite watches.

71e6DwbvZ6L._AC_UY550_.jpg 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

First lockdown watch, first Vostok, first scuba dude. Modded, got it on eBay, love it. Cool, funky, cheap. Perfect lockdown watch!

Not yet tried to post pics on this site so will maybe give it a go tomorrow. 

I have seen so many members getting Vostok's, but I have been a little slow on the uptake.

I should give them a proper look over.

9 hours ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I have seen so many members getting Vostok's, but I have been a little slow on the uptake.

I should give them a proper look over.

If you don’t take them toooo seriously, they’re lots of fun. There’s plenty that could be a lot better but for the price, it’s a nice little watch. Lots of different case shapes, dial variations, lots of modded ones floating round too. I could easily see myself building up a little amphibia sub collection - quite addictive.

• Like 1

Not a bad start to the year (considering I'm supposed to be reducing the collection...:whistle:), with these so far:

20210128_102307

Pagani Design chrono:

20210209_172048

And my pride and joy, this lovely Avia from my wonderful father, who sadly passed away on his 93rd birthday just after Christmas:

20210201_161227

Working fine, and keeping time to 1 minute a day, which is quite remarkable for a watch that is probably older than me :thumbsup:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This one on a big discount and interest free credit. Sales watches couldn't be had on interest free previously.

large.20210113_100954.jpg.dbb1c4e1cfec1317645a1a12eaec6730.jpg

Also, bought a rather special watch yesterday but had to use my birthday money so will be kept hidden away until June.

• Like 7

No purchases this year, nothing planned for the immediate future, need to watch the money for a new bathroom and new heating system, last purchase was in December for a Glycine, one of the pre Invicta models, it was pre-owned but not worn, but cushion has seen better days. :laughing2dw:

Glycine Combat Sub ‘Golden Eye’ ref 3863-399-TB9 {Cal: GL 224 (ETA 2824-2)}

Glycine Combat Sub ‘Golden Eye’ ref 3863-399-TB9 {Cal GL 224 (ETA 2824-2)}

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, antjrice said:

Snap! I picked this guy up in January too. 

I had a CasiOak (my very first G-Shock) and flipped it, and I wanted a G-Shock but couldn't decide what model I wanted.

I love G-Shock's, but I didn't want something too big, I have a decent sized wrist, but I don't like anything too big. This watch is so wearable, doesn't feel too big, it's the perfect G-Shock in my opinion.

14 hours ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Has lockdown changed the brands you look at?

I normally buy loads of Seiko watch, but they are leaving me a little 'cold' at the moment.

Somebody else had a thread about watches looking the same, and to be honest that's why I am turning away from Seiko as they are getting a little bland.

I have become a bit of a Casio fan, crazy value, and rock solid movements.

My new G-Shock is now one of my favourite watches.

71e6DwbvZ6L._AC_UY550_.jpg 

Snap! I picked this guy up in January too. 

In addition, I've also got these three but no plans to add anything for the foreseeable:

IMG_20210120_175511IMG_20210126_1127192021-01-07_12-31-18

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

So far i bought my Omega Constellation last March, Oris Roberto Clemente last September and my Omega Planet Ocean last December.....

....spent way too much money, but have also sold all 3 Tissots, my TAG Monaco, Longines Conquest, Longines Hydroconquest and am currently considering selling the Oris.

As im travelling through this watch world im finding my tastes, and more precisely the size (see lug size!) narrowing so now ive got my core collection of 3 Omegas i cant see me selling them unless poo hits the spinny thing financially.

Next on the list is a Breitling Superocean 57, Rolex OP36 and No date Submariner, but thats a long term goal i think. 

Oh and a JLC....i REALLY love the Reverso tribute

• Like 2