• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning chap's. GS for today but its too dull for a shot. Here's one I prepared earlier. Now to choose which window to stare out today. [emoji12]

Morning...   Feeling 'slightly' better following my altercation with a miscreant from Oxford, who happened to be in a dodgy Astra, posing as a Buddhist ?!   C1 GRAND MALVERN Jump H

Morning, Early 1960s Medana Lever for today, a sub-brand of MST (later Roamer). Unlike the pin-lever movements usually found in Medana watches, this one has the pallet lever 17j MST 962 move

Posted Images

4th day after the vaccine and the fever has gone, but I'm still feeling like I've been run over by a bus ... :crazy5vh: In the meantime I shall be wearing this G-Shock, a great 'grab and go' watch when you haven't got the energy to wind up a mechanical... :)

50872802413_753124f347_o.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Morning...

Feeling 'slightly' better following my altercation with a miscreant from Oxford, who happened to be in a dodgy Astra, posing as a Buddhist ?!

C1 GRAND MALVERN Jump Hour.

Cal: JJ01 (modified Sellita SW200-1. elabore).

EoALJrJ.jpg

7e63xbD.jpg

SoQqUmG.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
12 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

One of my better buys whilst under the influence.

IMG_20210215_084648820(1)(2).thumb.jpg.32b5a9ba9903932fa287ef4e8881bd3c.jpg

904 stainless, GTLS tubification, and a Geckota contoured leather strap.

Holidaying at home again to use my leave up.

Have a good one.

J

You've really got to do a lume shot with that :)

Morning,

Early 1960s Medana Lever for today, a sub-brand of MST (later Roamer).

Unlike the pin-lever movements usually found in Medana watches, this one has the pallet lever 17j MST 962 movement and uses Promethium lume for the plots and on the hands, the subject of a post by @karrusel back in December 2016.

Incidentally, the “Medana” brand name dates back to 1909 to coincide with Roamer establishing a UK operation in that year.

Regards.

Medana 2018 3 v.3.jpg

Medana MST 962 2018 v.3.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Morning...

Feeling 'slightly' better following my altercation with a miscreant from Oxford, who happened to be in a dodgy Astra, posing as a Buddhist ?!

Ah...you had the 'poundshop' version too, did you? I thought you might have gone for the more upmarket Pfizer, Alan....or even waited for the 'top of the range' Moderna when it arrives in spring....:laughing2dw:

• Sad 1

Excuse me while I pretend that the Sun has come back...

Штурманские Гагарины (2609370124 &260937016  ), производства Россия, Poljot cal. 2609 17 камней

(Sturmanskie Gagarin [2609370124& 260937016], MADE IN RUSSIA, Poljot cal. 2609, 17 Jewels)

Gagarin-Sturmanskie-Black-dial-DSC_0022_zpslvxto4r4.thumb.gif.c623094aa061a003d71965a4722985f0.gifGagarin-Sturmanskie-cream-dial-DSC_0021_zpsaiyua1xd.thumb.gif.5f95646d5b4ed3ec09c0af81ed4bf8b7.gif

:beach:

:biggrin:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
31 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Ah...you had the 'poundshop' version too, did you...

Yes, it would appear so.
Having had  numerous vaccines over the years, travel, flu, never experienced an adverse reaction like this bu$$er!

First time I’d seen my GP in 12 months, both he & a colleague, who was also jabbing away, were sporting glorious tan’s?
Didn’t think that was possible in February...here in the UK!

:hmmm9uh:

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Yes, it would appear so.
Having had  numerous vaccines over the years, travel, flu, never experienced an adverse reaction like this bu$$er!

First time I’d seen my GP in 12 months, both he & a colleague, who was also jabbing away, were sporting glorious tan’s?
Didn’t think that was possible in February...here in the UK!
:hmmm9uh:

When I was in the army they shoved every vaccination known to man into my arm, and I never ever came close to feeling as ill as I have with this one.   ... What worries me is that the official line is that the side effects for the second dose are more intense.  ..... Oh joy !  ..... I have that to look forward to now and probably a booster in the autumn.   ... :swoon:   At what stage does the cure become worse than the disease?

I put in a Yellow Card report for my symptoms, it was a long list ! ..... Roll on May and jab two. :cursed:

• Like 2

Without a sense of occasion, selecting the watch of the day in the last year has mainly been a whim. 

I've liked however how some fall into favour for no particular reason. 

Currently this one is one of those and it's getting more wrist time than usual:

2021-02-15_09-34-32

CW C60 Trident Ombre 

• Like 8
52 minutes ago, artistmike said:

What worries me is that the official line is that the side effects for the second dose are more intense.  ..... Oh joy !  ..... I have that to look forward to now and probably a booster in the autumn.   ... :swoon:   At what stage does the cure become worse than the disease?

I put in a Yellow Card report for my symptoms, it was a long list ! ..... Roll on May and jab two. :cursed:

Have also completed the Yellow Card Report, requiring everything bar your inside leg measurement, which too me, now confirms we/some of the public are covertly(?) being used as guinea pigs.

The Government, Sage, Health Authorities, continuing lack of candour alarms me more & more!

Edited by Karrusel
12 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Have also completed the Yellow Card Report, requiring everything bar your inside leg measurement, which too me, now confirms we/some of the public are covertly(?) being used as guinea pigs.

The Government, Sage, Health Authorities, continuing lack of candour alarms me more & more!

Had my first AZ vaccination on Friday 5th Feb. Neither I, nor my wife had any adverse reactions other than feeling very tired the next day.........roll on 30th April for the second dose :thumbsup:. Quite surprised however, that the reported 15mins post jab observation period was not being instigated for the AZ jab. I queried this and told that was only necessary with the Pfizer one......:huh:

• Like 1