• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The Dr Who TARDIS Limited Edition Collectors Wrist and Fob Watch

I was browsing through Amazon UK on my periodic look at what is new in the "Chinese Cheapie" sector of mechanical watches when I came across this combination wrist and fob watch. I hasten to say that at £499.95 from Amazon UK, it does not qualify for inclusion as a genuine Chinese Cheapie, but I just had to show it here for your delectation, or perhaps ridicule :biggrin::

135047519_max.jpg

135047518_max.jpg

135047520_max.jpg

(Above three pics from img.fruugo.com)

41D4LXENasL.jpg

(Above pic from img.bidorbuy.co.za)

4d74c54c88053fd9eddd9bd856aab9bd.jpg

(Above pic of the watch with a slightly different strap from i.pinimg.com)

The stated specifications of the watch include the following: 30 mm wide X 17 mm thick stainless steel case and mineral glass crystal; day of the week, month, and 24 hour registers with date window at the 4.30 position; power reserve indicator at 12 o'clock position; hand-wind mechanical movement; blue leather (24 mm) strap with buckle fastening; wood effect collectors case and fob chain included. The weight of the watch is apparently 500 grams, although I wonder if this figure is for the package as a whole. 

Although this watch is... well... a bit over the top, there is a certain likeability about the basic concept and one or two aspects of the design. I haven't looked to see how many other new mechanical combination fob and wrist-watches there are on the market, but the idea does appeal to me. As a final note, if you want one of these pieces [Did someone just say WHY??], then you might be wise to move fast. Fruugo and Watches Megastore.com each have only one left, and I don't know how many remain at Amazon UK - the model was first offered at Amazon in 2015, and there is no indication as to how limited the edition actually was.

• Like 1