• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What's happening to your watch(es) when you shuffle off this mortal coil?

I was thinking of a making a scrap book / catalogue with pictures and descriptions and date of last service, and sticking numbers on the back of the watches so the kids can describe them accurately on eBay.  I think I will be down to 25 or 30 before I pop, on the basis that I plan to sell a couple every year, and live to be 123. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm somewhat geriatric now but I'm less worried about the watches than my bonsai. Some of those I've been growing for over thirty years, so her indoors has strict orders to phone the local bonsai association before the undertakers. The trees will still have decades of life left, whereas all I'll need is chucking in the fire. :biggrin:

• Haha 3

No clue but good question! I'm only 57 so I'm hoping that this is something I'm not going to have give serious thought to for some time!

My watch collection is usually in a state of change so nothing's been left to anyone specific in my will. My youngest step-daughter has an interest in watches & has a small collection (Baby-g - old but reliable back up digital, Suunto - daily/work watch, Tag Heuer - last I heard in a drawer with a duff battery & Breitling - still worn occasionally) so may want to choose one, not sure my nephew even wears a watch & I doubt my neice will want one, my Dad likes watches but he's 91 so I'm hoping that he won't be in a position to have to choose one from my collection!! 

:)

• Like 2

As mentioned olim only 42 and in apparent good health but I have a will and the watches are in it.

My kids & brothers can divvy them up, I'd like to think that they would keep and wear one each but if they chose to sell some ir all then it's no buggy (as I'll be part if the nitrate cycle). Me and my daughter (10yo) had an ace day out and she talked me into my rado captain cooke and she loves it, she'll have that.

Anyone getting buried in one? (If the undertaker doesnt thieve it!)

The way a few weeks ago that Big M wrestled my LV off my wrist as the paramedics were picking me up off the floor to put me in the ambulance left nothing to the imagination. Then she threw my coat in with a fiver in the pocket. 

It costs fifteen quid for a taxi from the hospital back to the flat. 

:huh: 

I'm thinking when the airports open up for international travel to sell it and do one with whatever I can get away with. 

:hmmm9uh:

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

The way a few weeks ago that Big M wrestled my LV off my wrist as the paramedics were picking me up off the floor to put me in the ambulance left nothing to the imagination. Then she threw my coat in with a fiver in the pocket. 

It costs fifteen quid for a taxi from the hospital back to the flat. 

Maybe she thought a good walk would be beneficial? :thumbs_up:

• Haha 1

Hopefully I might see it coming and flog the watches for enough to cover the funeral!

I only have one son and since the day he was born he has never attached any sentiment to anything. So if I don't sell them, he will.

I gave him my gold jewellery last year and he gave it to his mother (my ex). That hurt....

Interesting that this subject cropped up, I lost my dad 5 weeks ago (followed by his brother on Monday) which made me think carefully about providing for my family when I finally kick the bucket. My will was written 30 years ago when I had little to no assets anyway and I never bothered to write a new will even when I got married 24 years ago.

We both wrote our wills last week and along with personal gifts of cash to our three daughters, I set about allocating my watch collection to them. I started out detailing who should have what (going from favourite child to least favourite :whistle:) but thought about it some more, ultimately deciding that this was ridiculous, I'm more likely to add better watches to the collection and to flip my current collection than stick with the ones I have so just decided to leave a generic 'collection' to them to share equally between them.

Chances are they won't have a clue anyway so I will have to give them an idea of value...........

taking mine with me, as I will be entering hell for eternity, I'll need to know

1. how long I've been in hell

2. how long I have left; yes I know it's eternity but I want to look at my watches

3. how fast I'm travelling through eternity with use of my chronos'

4. to be able to read the time using the lume in areas of dark comtemplation

Hope this helps

:watch:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Only child, separated with no kids, technically still married. On good terms with the Ex, split amicably in the end. 

I’ve honestly no idea, but I don’t think I’ll care that much to be truthful, being dead and all :rolleyes:. I have the same question about the house, savings, pension etc. I have nothing in my collection which cost over a £1000 so no great value but I guess if I keep rotating and looking after them they may stay in a pretty good condition, they might all add up to something. 

Whoever they go to my only real concern would be they take them down to Cash Converters without matching them up with the big box of watch boxes in the spare room first. Maybe I need to get that into my will!! 

couldn't give a rats ass what happens to my stuff once i kark it.

the 710 will get the house and a few quid , i'll be dead.

if she goes first ill be selling up and going out in a blaze somewhere hot with a gshock and a hangover :thumbsup:

no kids (that i know of :laughing2dw:) Huzzah !

• Like 1