• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arrived yesterday.  

Wow!! the watch looks fabulous, Pics are brilliant too!  I only have one Victorinox, It's a Swiss Army auto chrono, Bought it secondhand from Facebook marketplace, It was only two mins from me!!

That guide is absolutely brilliant! I can't understand how I missed this before, albeit on watchuseek or wherever. I spent so many hours trying to find out about the brand and the link to Victorianox

Posted Images

Well its a good price - if you bought it and didn't like it you'd probably be able to flog it for a similar price to that.

Not sure how many watches you have - but sometimes it helps to have a quartz or 2 lying about the place to use as 'beaters' or on holiday.

Whilst I'm predominantly in the mechanical camp - I was recently wearing the Bulova Luna Pilot (hi-precision quartz) that I had bought for my daughter as a memento of when we went to the Kennedy Space Centre. Really unfortunately its quite big and doesn't fit her 5,5" wrist very well so I 'have' to wear it now and again and I ended up thinking what a really nice watch it was. 

Does the above help you part with your money!? :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

Great choice as a grab and go quartz, and the price is excellent.

When Victorinox did their torture tests on this watch they only did it on the quartz versions

I'll probably place order tonight, you've convinced me, cheers. 

• Like 1

Victorinox, says it all really as far as quality is concerned and that's a great price, Funnily enough I've been looking at those lately, there are some good deals on eBay around that price as well, so worth checking around

Nothing wrong with quartz, especially when they are made like that and I bet you wouldn't regret it. :)

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, artistmike said:

Victorinox, says it all really as far as quality is concerned and that's a great price, Funnily enough I've been looking at those lately, there are some good deals on eBay around that price as well, so worth checking around

Nothing wrong with quartz, especially when they are made like that and I bet you wouldn't regret it. :)

Looked at the ones on eBay last night, nigh on the same price, I think I'd prefer tk. 

12 minutes ago, Alpha550t said:

Looked at the ones on eBay last night, nigh on the same price, I think I'd prefer tk. 

On TK I can only see the green dial version available, There are other options around if you wanted something different.  .....:)

40 minutes ago, Sulie said:

They where 165 a month or so ago 

I like them :)

Was that not the paracord strap version ?

7 hours ago, scottswatches said:

When Victorinox did their torture tests on this watch they only did it on the quartz versions

Very impressive. It would have been even more so had it been attached to the wrist of their marketing manager. :sign_wtf:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Was that not the paracord strap version ?

Very impressive. It would have been even more so had it been attached to the wrist of their marketing manager. :sign_wtf:

No on the strap !! 
the paracord was cheaper !! 

WszbPc2.jpg

hQUl1m6.jpg

Edited by Sulie
  • Thanks 1
On 16/02/2021 at 09:06, scottswatches said:

Hmmm....   why is there a cut between 2:55 and 2:56 when he picks the watch off the floor?

DON'T BUY IT!

• Haha 1

First one I had I then sold, second one is not going anywhere, I made a big mistake selling the first.:swoon:

Just replaced the battery, It does have a plastic movement ring but maybe not such a bad thing for this one.

Plastic ring Equals: Possible shock resistance? and weight reduction.

• Thanks 1

I thought I'd post a few pictures of the Victorinox.  Very pleased with it.   The finishing is very good, with brushed and polished surfaces showing up the details.                 The crown guards certainly would be effective as they almost fully surround the crown.   The case back is pretty flat, which I prefer so it sits nicely on the wrist.           Having said that, I'm still a bit unsure about the case size, I think it may be a bit big for me, but I'll persevere.  It makes a change to have a date only and it's                      position at 4.30.       This is my first quartz for over 35 years,  so its odd having a clicky second hand !large.20210221_084944.jpg.297c2fc892151982ed45146f2d22a22e.jpglarge.20210221_085004.jpg.e38256fbca733f6cee8b85eaa2a567a2.jpglarge.20210221_085026.jpg.bf68c1dce04ab8af77b169286ddd2ca1.jpglarge.20210221_085045.jpg.aecb002d1b0778b6b55cdf0b36734f2c.jpglarge.20210221_085110.jpg.4184be1dc39a0459074cce2c4ed2e920.jpglarge.20210221_085130.jpg.3d1e740e28d26133e7833143b71c6d04.jpglarge.20210221_085155.jpg.179a9e4324d68ac23311784cc0653ff7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2