• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered one late Friday night.  It came today. Good service TK Max.  I don’t know why I bought it, just felt a little left out  

Arrived yesterday.  

Wow!! the watch looks fabulous, Pics are brilliant too!  I only have one Victorinox, It's a Swiss Army auto chrono, Bought it secondhand from Facebook marketplace, It was only two mins from me!!

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered one late Friday night. 
It came today. Good service TK Max. 
I don’t know why I bought it, just felt a little left out  :laugh:

• Haha 12
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Roy said:

I ordered one late Friday night. 
It came today. Good service TK Max. 
I don’t know why I bought it, just felt a little left out  :laugh:

You reap what you sow .... finally you are experiencing what this Forum has done to us poor saps all these years ,,,, :laugh:

• Haha 4

My husband is absolutely delighted with his.  To me, it was worth every penny for the joy it brought him on an otherwise bad day last Monday.  He wore it today for a medical appointment and his consultant admired it, so they might sell another.  If they did a ladies size, I'd have one too - the green face is really nice. 

But it's a behemoth - we had to take a load of links out of his to fit.

• Like 3

My next day delivery one arrived yesterday. I have to agree with all the comments on here. Lovely green dial and good quality bracelet. Well worth the money IMHO and will make a very suitable work watch.  Now to get my refund for the nicked one....

Edited by Richy
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, BooJewels said:

If they did a ladies size, I'd have one too - the green face is really nice. 

They do do a ladies version of this model and regularly add to it. I'm thinking of buying Pam one! I'm not sure this link contains all versions of the ladies inox.

Victorinox Women's Watches ++ explore online ++

Edited by Caller.
  • Like 1

Many thanks @Caller. - I did look at the site the other day to see what was available and they have some really nice pieces - just none that suit me - and certainly not at TK Maxx prices. 

The perpetual problem I have with watches is that I visually like the style of gents watches - I just drool over many of the WRUW pieces shown (often vintage ones) - but watchmakers tend to make women's watches either very twinkly, pink or pearly, or the more masculine styles are often just too large.  This may be the practical consideration that the right type of caliber can't be downsized easily or something - or probably just the dictates of fashion.

As a 4'11" woman, I just cannot wear too large a watch - my optimal size is between 25 and 30mm and often new watches in this size range tend to be too girly.  Another thing I see a tendency for is tiny little pointy hands on smaller watches too - and often only 2 of them.   Women's watches are often more about jewellery than time-keeping. 

I like long straight (preferably lumed) hands and with a long second sweep.   And whilst I love diamonds and I love watches, the two are entirely separate matters - I really, really do not like crystal hour markers!  So the similar style ladies version of this TK Maxx special is 37mm - just too big - and the smaller ones all either have pink, twinkles, or small pointy hands - often all of them!

The Maverick Small is quite nice though, just spotted that.  I'd need to try it on at 34mm to see if I could get away with it.

• Like 2