• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Brands you dont really see on TWF

I'm not talking stupid money brands like £10, 20,50,100k, but brands that are just about in grail reach for the average / comfy guy, sub  £5k (I max out around 2!).

Brands such as Bell and ross, Graham, Vulcain, Baume & Mercer, Bremont (to an extent),  Cyrus, Anonimo, BRM, Raymond Weil...

Is there no love for these (mostly not my cup if tea apart from months blanc & bremont)?

• Like 1

To be honest I thought that about Balls,  It is a brand with a clear identity, like Bell and Ross does, so you have to be confident it's what you want, because probably hard to flip, and they stick out a bit.  And you don't see many on the forums.

May be an image of wrist watch

Interestingly I was also looking at Bell & Ross, but glad I went for this, and it's running rock solid at just over 3.5 secs per day in any position or on the winder - which suggests it would regulate even better, but I'm not taking the back off!  This is sub 2k and of course available for even fewer of your Great British Pounds at the right time of year in the right shop.  B & R I was definitely looking at used.  Bremont Mach 3 would be nice...

• Like 6
Just now, Wobbit said:

I’d like to see more of the German “cheaper” brands like Damasko and Nomos. Also don’t see too many Zenith watches here. 

I’ve owned Damasko and Nomos ,decided to sell them given the cost sending back when service/ repairs are required.

21 minutes ago, Biker said:

I like some of the RW offerings but they are just overpriced

Edox are a passion of mine

41oN0E3MmtL._SL500_.jpgDSC_0083.JPG

generous.jpg

edox (3).JPG

I've seen them in ADs on the continent, but does Edox sell into the UK?  They've got some nice designs.

th?id=OIP.QI0xah_GlFEbESSOeUrhSQHaI4%26p

• Like 2

Here's a couple 

Oskar Emil..

gi8D6ay.jpg ZI01N04.jpg

Lorus and Pulsar don't seem to get much mention, J Springs either :whistle:

fjLZMFD.jpg h05vyzp.jpg

WGGQrjc.jpg

Has anyone even heard of Piercarlo D'Alessio?? :blush:

sTlsjEJ.jpg

Sorna!! :whistling:

9dsdWQ6.jpg

There's heaps more I could post like Dan Henry, Altanus, Cyma and others, Trouble is that possibly they've gone out of business through the years :hmmm9uh:

John..

Edited by johnbaz
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, johnbaz said:

There's heaps more I could post like Dan Henry, Altanus, Cyma and others, Trouble is that possibly they've gone out of business through the years 

You could always start a thread in the member owner club section and maybe other members would post their ones.

39 minutes ago, richy176 said:

You could always start a thread in the member owner club section and maybe other members would post their ones.

I started a few a while back, I can do some more later, I have to take our puddy tat to the vets shortly!!

Whilst looking at googled images for Piecarlo D'Alessio I found a pic and clicked on it, It brought me to Honour's topics, He did a thread about them that I missed!! 

By the way, Here's the Altanus that I mentioned, I think I bought it from Pauluspaulo but may be mistaken, I think I bought iot from this forum though!

M0VhxCg.jpg

Love those Cathedral hands!!

Unitas undecorated movement..

pg62SMc.jpg

WSojz8g.jpg

John :thumbsup:

• Like 2
On 19/02/2021 at 22:41, RTM Boy said:

I've seen them in ADs on the continent, but does Edox sell into the UK?  They've got some nice designs.

I've bought one from the US one from Holland and the others from the UK but mainly used from Ebay. I am always on the lookout but never seen an AD over here, however, one of my local jewellers told me he used to stock them in the 80's

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Biker said:

I've bought one from the US one from Holland and the others from the UK but mainly used from Ebay. I am always on the lookout but never seen an AD over here, however, one of my local jewellers told me he used to stock them in the 80's

They used to be available from a jewellars in Newbury, which I noticed when walking past their window one day. What I missed was their closing day sale and by the time I had noticed, most had gone. The jewellers parent company was a Rolex dealer in Swindon Old Town, can't recall their name but Swindon, when I was living in that neck of woods, was dire for watch shops, so I am sure there would still only be one Rolex dealer there. They may still stock Eddox as well? 

On 19/02/2021 at 22:41, RTM Boy said:

No AD in the UK I bought mines in the US. Pity, because the build quality is exceptional

20201023_132846

And Baume & Mercier certainly don't get the attention the deserve

20201121_135400

As for Ball, they have a decent following, especially in the US.

• Like 2