• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Very tough, strap bars very close to the case though (because they are extra thick and tough, and the watches are quite long lug to lug), Ideal piece of equipment if you want a no nonsense utility watch that has been tested in the factory before you put it to the test yourself.  If / when they bring out a 39/40mm field watch, I will buy an EB again. Special strap-change tool is a bit marmite.

2 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

Very tough, strap bars very close to the case though (because they are extra thick and tough, and the watches are quite long lug to lug), Ideal piece of equipment if you want a no nonsense utility watch that has been tested in the factory before you put it to the test yourself.  If / when they bring out a 39/40mm field watch, I will buy an EB again. Special strap-change tool is a bit marmite.

Not sure a 44mm would fit me

52 minutes ago, Damian said:

Not sure a 44mm would fit me

It was OK on my 7" wrist once on, but there was a lot of leverage whilst strapping it on or taking it off right, at the fulcrum of my wrist-bone, and it's a seriously unforgiving lump, so along with the difficulty of swapping straps, I decided to let it go, although I almost bought another, just restrained myself.  If you are a one watch person content to strap it on and leave it on, it would be fine.  They do some special edition Kimmeridge versions, that don't look girly.  They're a bit smaller.

12 hours ago, Damian said:

There are probably a few on here that own one. What's your opinion of them?

I have decided to get the 38mm RNLI special edition Kimmeridge - it has all the strengths of the other watches, dial no different from the RNLI Canford, just no dive bezel, hence the smaller case.  I almost bought it at Xmas. And £35.00 goes to the RNLI.  And I saved an extra 40 notes by waiting.  Going to sell my Prospex diver I think.

• Like 2
On 20/02/2021 at 23:53, Jet Jetski said:

I have decided to get the 38mm RNLI special edition Kimmeridge - it has all the strengths of the other watches, dial no different from the RNLI Canford, just no dive bezel, hence the smaller case.  I almost bought it at Xmas. And £35.00 goes to the RNLI.  And I saved an extra 40 notes by waiting.  Going to sell my Prospex diver I think.

Nice watch - post lots of photo's when you get it :)

37 minutes ago, KAS118 said:

Nice watch - post lots of photo's when you get it :)

Thanks, the RNLI is our 'family charity' - my dad  was born in Newhaven and his mum's side were lifeboatmen. Through his retirement my dad was a grafter for the local branch - extracting donations from businesses for the tombolas, putting the tent up at fetes, and tables up at afternoon teas (cakes supplied by the local factory!).

I think charitable work is great, and the way that, for so many charities including the RNLI, the only requirement for getting help, is needing help. So the EB is a good fit for me.

Gratuitous picture of my dad.

dad3.thumb.jpg.bb6975b3181cb1bffaab4f8b3a45d31e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have Two Canford EB , I am very happy with them both, The company are excellent to deal with

The Screwed lugs are strong and very easy to use, I prefer this over spring bars .

The dial is very legible.

Heres some pics of my Two.

C3EC89C3-DC87-4C0F-8907-0F72BC51FA27.jpeg

8628C5A9-8CAD-4509-9196-B081B9845AB1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, trameline said:

I have Two Canford EB , I am very happy with them both, The company are excellent to deal with

The Screwed lugs are strong and very easy to use, I prefer this over spring bars .

The dial is very legible.

Heres some pics of my Two.

C3EC89C3-DC87-4C0F-8907-0F72BC51FA27.jpeg

8628C5A9-8CAD-4509-9196-B081B9845AB1.jpeg

I had the Holton professional, I very much liked it, but you know I am a multi-strapper, and the thick strap bars were very close to the case, restricting the thickness of straps that could be used, compared to other 'rigid bar' type watches I have owned, and the long lug-to-lug did not quite suit my wrist, the edge of the watch at 12 sat just on a bony part.  If only I was not such a greyhound build! :laughing2dw:  Given the security afforded to the straps by the 'barb' on the tail, the rubber strap may have been a perfectly good option to leave on, but I like an extra long G10 when I am wearing it over a few layers and / or my gloves in winter.  The Kimmeridge is a 20mm lug, so should suit my CWC heat-sealed extra-long perfectly.  I am also waiting to see if it comes with slotted bars or the five-lobed type.  I noticed the optional bracelet has a diver's clasp extension too, but that is a significant hike on the price over the strapped version.

So arrived today, 20mm rubber strap is good, BUT the holes are punched perpendicular to the thickness, so the tang does not lie flat against the buckle - this detail was resolved on the 22mm straps which have holes moulded at an angle.  Maybe the EPDM will give a bit to help it lie flatter.

IMG_20210223_150041620(1).thumb.jpg.a5211ee23fb44c5abf25d4d33455650f.jpg

IMG_20210223_150222902(1).thumb.jpg.87fae522318d0dba8de6c2be8f0388fd.jpg

There is an extra thou between the case and the bars over the larger case sizes, so I can get my trusty canvas through, with brushed keepers to match the fully brushed case.

IMG_20210223_144853463(1).thumb.jpg.68c8c2e3bf45ed7d07af853531d0b5d0.jpg

But this is my favourite just now.

IMG_20210223_151449048(1).thumb.jpg.5e814bf78f8792cb42cbe7ca126f0f95.jpg

Hope you like it - it fills a gap left by my blue railmaster homage.

J

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1