• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Lorus Sports cal. V071 - battery

Eccles44

Well gents my 17byr old Lorus needs a new battery and I have bought one (a renata 399) but local jewellers/watchmakers are all shutdown. Can someone please tell me what to do to remove the old battery from the clamp which is holding it? I have managed to unscrew the back and understand about shorting it with the AC terminal. I have fitted batteries in the past to my mrs' watches but they were fairly simple.

• 1 month later...

I guess not many know how to do this as have no answers but finally I discovered how to do it: One end of the clamp is apparently fixed to a piece of white plastic. Quite simply you just need to take hold of that end with a pair of tweezers and lever it clear from said plastic where apon it will ping open and the old battery can be removed. Then insert the new battery and push the already mention end of the clamp down until it clicks into place. BTW you may find it easier to use a magnifying glass of some sort and  lift the black plastic ring out which holds the whole mechanism in place before starting.