• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Watch change.

When I’m working I’ll choose a watch for work and change it when I get home. If I go for a cycle or run I’ll swap again for my garmin.

However, I’ve not swapped for weeks as I’m currently off sick with covid/long covid. I have basically worn the garmin fenix so I can monitor heart rate etc. I haven’t even looked at my other watches in weeks :swoon:

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Littlelegs said:

When I’m working I’ll choose a watch for work and change it when I get home. If I go for a cycle or run I’ll swap again for my garmin.

However, I’ve not swapped for weeks as I’m currently off sick with covid/long covid. I have basically worn the garmin fenix so I can monitor heart rate etc. I haven’t even looked at my other watches in weeks :swoon:

Hope things get better for you soon. :doctor:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Littlelegs said:

Best wishes for speedy recovery....I bet the motorists are really missing you! :yes::laugh:

• Thanks 1

I'm similar to @Littlelegs, hope you are better soon!  My watch wearing habits are that I may change several times a day due to exercise. If I'm out running there will be a change, then I will quickly swap over to something different as I don't like wearing my Garmin for anything other than running or cycling. There's also a change heading off to work, I have a few designated work watches that I will wear. So yeah, I may change my watch probably three to five times a day depending on what I am doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sabailand said:

Just a polite question... do some of you really change your watch 2-3 times (possibly more) a day?

Yep!  Heading on up the hill now, I'm sure my Pulsar would be fine, but going to put my Citizen Eco-drive on anyway, it's a bit lighter (titanium), doesn't have a polished case (the Pulsar has brushed lugs  but the sides are mirrored), and it will benefit from some sunshine if it stays out to charge the cell.  Plus which, I paid quite a lot for the heat-sealed nylon strap - CWC only make them up to 20mm - so it was a special order 22mm off the web, and I am going to get my money's worth!

I am always putting something away, or on the winder, or changing a strap, or polishing something, and so lots of opportunities to put something else on - perhaps going for a run and need a chrono - and mechanicals in particular I like to check they are still going strong every now and then.

J

• Like 1

I have my Apple Watch for work then swap it out for one of my ‘proper’ watches when I get home.

i have a small collection of a Planet Ocean 39.5 which is my main watch, used when walking the dogs etc, a speedy racing which I wear when I’m at Motorsport events, an Omega constellation as my dress watch and my Oris Big Crown which is my casual/ going to the pub watch. 

I find having a small but vaired collection means I wear a watch for a specific purpose so they all get used regularly 

Edited by WickerBill
  • Like 3

I do, but it depends on what I'm doing...

First watch of the day will probably be my most recent purchase...or one that looks at me a says ' can I go outside?'

Second watch will probably be a beater if I am going out or doing something in the garden, etc, etc

Third watch...most likely back to the first watch of the day

Fourth watch of the day...something with a dive bezel or oven timer as I prefer to call it. :teethsmile:

Fifth watch...either the first watch of the day again...or something different.

I'm a watch tart 

• Haha 4

Well in the end, thanks to an unexpected phone call, I thought my plans for the hill were scuppered, and I changed into this.

IMG_20210227_194658622(1).thumb.jpg.05bc3ca0e281f762d2f89578e32f6ba7.jpg

Buy ever hopeful I did put it on my extra long outdoorsy strap, and figured out how to double back the long tail through the first keeper rather than the second ...

IMG_20210227_193734015(1).thumb.jpg.aae8a844bfc88d77b696f9eff392a977.jpg

so I could pull it back past the buckle ...

IMG_20210227_193541845(1)(1).thumb.jpg.8316bf0e96cbe84b56f1976cfceb825f.jpg

enabling me to tuck my end away neatly, since it is still nice and stiff.

IMG_20210227_193605638(1)(1)(1).thumb.jpg.03b28382bd8dd91d8f4e7854c39c0da5.jpg.

To the untrained eye, I suppose at first glance it looks as though I strapped my G10 on back-to-front, which is another fad in and of itself, apparently.

And we did get on the hill in the end too. Even got to see the sea (30 odd miles away on the horizon!)

IMG_20210227_174252916.thumb.jpg.4540a10c574e0e04398ab58c0c49753a.jpg

Keep changing!

Edited by Jet Jetski

On 26/02/2021 at 19:25, sabailand said:

Just a polite question... do some of you really change your watch 2-3 times (possibly more) a day?

Yes. In my case it depends on the activity. Because of my recklessness, I have learned to wear something "disposable" when partaking in countryside pursuits, and something unobtrusive when cycling/motorcycling that fits neatly under a tight jacket cuff. Then something else for around town, it goes on and on.

On 26/02/2021 at 19:25, sabailand said:

Yes & why not? I own a fair number of watches & enjoy swapping them, usually one on each wrist, a few times during the day. No doubt some/most people will think this is strange  but as I`ve mentioned many times before that's just water off a duck`s back to me...

like water off a duck's back | Forever Autumn

:tongue:

• Like 1