• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Not done one of these for a while so now I'm rattling around the house not going anywhere soon thought I'd chuck the box up for your perusal. A few have milestone /sentimental association and the rest because I thought I needed them .

I used to be heavy on the divers but now I think I have a better mix .

9c50f2343c56c21986f6a2ab1ced127f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
3 minutes ago, mcb2007 said:

Not done one of these for a while so now I'm rattling around the house not going anywhere soon thought I'd chuck the box up for your perusal. A few have milestone /sentimental association and the rest because I thought I needed them .

A bit special 

• Like 1

Fabulous box of tricks ! My favourite is a tie between the Omega 300M and the Rado below it , If I was burgling your gaff but the rule were I could only lift two prices, it would be those two .... :laugh: .... but WOW , what a collection .... :thumbsup:

Edited by JonnyOldBoy
  • Like 1
Very nice collection you have Rob ...but where are the Seiko's and Vostoks ? :thumbs_up:

Just for you Jon, alpinist packed in back with seiko and the only Vostok won't fit in the box so need to move it on. 293f47c863423f619ce6e17ded82a8b7.jpg5a8584ecaaa8ff1f566093606a10cfd8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, mcb2007 said:

Just for you Jon, alpinist packed in back with seiko and the only Vostok won't fit in the box so need to move it on. 293f47c863423f619ce6e17ded82a8b7.jpg5a8584ecaaa8ff1f566093606a10cfd8.jpg

I knew you would still own them , I do love that 1967 :thumbsup:

• Like 1
Just now, mcb2007 said:

I await your best offer , go on you know you want it .

Ha ha yes I do but it is out of my budget but thanks for testing my will power :laugh:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

If you swap the top line you've spelt

R (olex)

O (mega)

B (white bread)

E

R (olex)

T

Which means you only need a 

Timex and a...?

Not sure what suggest for an E. 

Bet you're glad your names not

Jim. :swoon:

Nice collection roberto nice collection by anyones standards even my own. 

( what happened to the 8 urchins)

Edit...just realised youve got the T....so you dont need a timex. Just need something starting with E.

Edited by Nigelp
53 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

If you swap the top line you've spelt

R (olex)

O (mega)

B (white bread)

E

R (olex)

T

Which means you only need a 

Timex and a...?

Not sure what suggest for an E. 

Bet you're glad your names not

Jim. :swoon:

Nice collection roberto nice collection by anyones standards even my own. 

( what happened to the 8 urchins)

Edit...just realised youve got the T....so you dont need a timex. Just need something starting with E.

That’s my Eza tripled in value overnight!:thumbs_up:

• Haha 1
On 28/02/2021 at 11:29, mcb2007 said:

Thanks for sharing. A question for you. I have collected watches for about 20 years and the most I have ever spent is £600 on a RADO Hyperchrome a couple of years back in a black Friday deal. Ive always bottled spending more. A Tudor blackbay 36 was my grail watch at £2200 but then I got a Smiths Expedition. Ive a Seiko Alpinist from a couple of years back. Hamilton Mechanical, the last of the old 40hr power reserve, £200. The problem is I love a bargain and because bragains can be had I wait for them. My latest is the Victorinox INOX I was prompted to get after seeing the post on here recently. 

The dilema is you can get affordable watches at silly prices if you wait. But you wont ever see a Rolex or Omega etc half price. This means when buying premium its multiple times the cost of some of what I consider to be good quality watches. 

Eventually my question. Do you see any difference between a £10k Rolex and some of your pieces that may have cost a fraction? I know once into Rolex etc its a different ball game as far as value, holding of value etc almost like investing in Gold. But hype, marketing, investment potential, heritage all the stuff we read and believe. All that aside. If you had just landed from space and where given your collection for a year would you pick out the more expensive offerings? and if so why? would the quality be up there? Would you really notice better finishing etc. 

Much appreciated. 

15 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

i am behind on the posts( due to less time now i am retired who knew!) a nice mix now i think most of us have some sort of bais,nigel i think i have one of the urchins( white)?

deano

Ah yes the white urchin....don't mention the 8 watches nudge wink...its a story for down the pub. Robs 8 urchins are the stuff of legend. On a serious note i retired when i was 34 and suddenly im 48. Time flies so if you retired late like say 50 plus. Then make the most of it because you will be getting carted off in a box before you can say whats the mrs done with my rolex. 

12 minutes ago, Dilly said:

Thanks for sharing. A question for you. I have collected watches for about 20 years and the most I have ever spent is £600 on a RADO Hyperchrome a couple of years back in a black Friday deal. Ive always bottled spending more. A Tudor blackbay 36 was my grail watch at £2200 but then I got a Smiths Expedition. Ive a Seiko Alpinist from a couple of years back. Hamilton Mechanical, the last of the old 40hr power reserve, £200. The problem is I love a bargain and because bragains can be had I wait for them. My latest is the Victorinox INOX I was prompted to get after seeing the post on here recently. 

The dilema is you can get affordable watches at silly prices if you wait. But you wont ever see a Rolex or Omega etc half price. This means when buying premium its multiple times the cost of some of what I consider to be good quality watches. 

Eventually my question. Do you see any difference between a £10k Rolex and some of your pieces that may have cost a fraction? I know once into Rolex etc its a different ball game as far as value, holding of value etc almost like investing in Gold. But hype, marketing, investment potential, heritage all the stuff we read and believe. All that aside. If you had just landed from space and where given your collection for a year would you pick out the more expensive offerings? and if so why? would the quality be up there? Would you really notice better finishing etc. 

Much appreciated. 

Id ask @BondandBigM bond lad...is there any difference between one of them urchins rob had and his rolex submariner?

In all fairness to the member asking the question @mcb2007 as probably never been in space but if he had he would have probably regretted landing in Bury. 

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

if you retired late like say 50 plus

too late 64 !! watches are bequethed to the two boys , one will keep one will sell i know now , but i can say i owned them for a while , after all we are only caretakers of them:laugh:

deano

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, deano1956 said:

too late 64 !! watches are bequethed to the two boys , one will keep one will sell i know now , but i can say i owned them for a while , after all we are only caretakers of them:laugh:

deano

Any chance of your help on the ferret thread mate. We need a yorkshire ferret to complete the set. 

:laugh:

That way weve got a Burnley ferret a bury ferret and a Yorkshire ferret. We even have a Scottish ferret in the form of @BondandBigM and nowt comes harder than a scottish ferret. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Any chance of your help on the ferret thread mate. We need a yorkshire ferret to complete the set. 

:laugh:

That way weve got a Burnley ferret a bury ferret and a Yorkshire ferret. We even have a Scottish ferret in the form of @BondandBigM and nowt comes harder than a scottish ferret. 

yorkshire well known for our ferrets:biggrin:, posted

deano

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1