• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

cheapestnatostraps.com aka CNS - Post Brexit Orders

Hello ... Some strap research here at TWF led me to cheapestnatostraps.com - Based in Sweden, they seem to have a good reputation here for quality & quite a big selection - One of the attractions for me is their current offer of 20% discount on order of 5 or more straps - A quick recce of what I might consider buying adds up to about $50 / £37 - Postage is free, but I wonder what I could expect in the way of charges from HMC&E?

So, has anyone used them & can advise on the quality? - If anyone has ordered more than a couple of items (which I presume would have no customs / duty) could you advise also? - How long for orders to reach Blighty?

Much obliged ... Paul

14 minutes ago, PaulBoy said:

So, has anyone used them & can advise on the quality? -

Good quality at the discount prices. On the single pass adjustable NATO straps, they could do with an extra hole because the tail always seems to end up flapping somewhere between the 2 keepers in my experience, otherwise good, buckles/hardware etc. Can't comment regarding duty as I haven't ordered any this year.

• Like 1

Thanks WRENCH, much obliged :thumbsup:
Had a chat with CNS via email - They could not advise on the customs charging situation on their 5 Strap Bundle sales, so I have just ordered 2 straps to check out the quality & if I get a tug from HMC&E it shouldn't be too big a kick in the wallet ... Paul

On 01/03/2021 at 10:05, WRENCH said:

. On the single pass adjustable NATO straps, they could do with an extra hole because the tail always seems to end up flapping somewhere between the 2 keepers 

Agree.  Same problem here of the strap not reaching the second keeper when otherwise adjusted to where the buckle and first keeper are on the underside of the wrist.

Mixed customer reviews on CNS, more on the bad side:

Cheapest NATO Straps Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.cheapestnatostraps.com (trustpilot.com)

Update on my experience with CNS - On 2nd March I ordered 2x straps: Paratrooper Bronze Burgundy Baron & A Marine Nationale Khaki & white - The order was dispatched on 3rd March & I received the packet today (9th March) - I have never seen / used either style of strap before & really bought both because I felt their "look" would work well with the bronze case of my SD1970 (you may think otherwise?) - As far as quality is concerned, they both arrived in perfect shape - I found them quite fiddly to setup & wear, but I am "Mr Five Thumbs" so that probably doesn't apply to a lot of people here! - Once on, both strap were very comfortable to wear - I think the burgundy strap works really well, but see what you think ... Paul

SD1970 para strap wrist

SD1970 marine strap wrist

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Eddiex said:

I've been considering ordering a few straps form them.

Did you have to pay duty and/or handling fees on them?

On my first order I only ordered 2x straps to check quality (which I was happy with, as above) & to see if I had to pay duty etc on (which I did not) - Since then (about a week ago) I made a second order of 5x straps - This was mainly as some of the items they had on sale plus the 20% discount for ordering 5x straps kept the price down to what I felt would be low enough to come through customs unscathed? - That parcel has not arrived, so only time will tell if the parcel is just taking a bit longer than my first order (a week to England) or has in fact been nabbed by customs? - I will update here in due course ... Paul

On 26/03/2021 at 13:15, PaulBoy said:

On my first order I only ordered 2x straps to check quality (which I was happy with, as above) & to see if I had to pay duty etc on (which I did not) - Since then (about a week ago) I made a second order of 5x straps - This was mainly as some of the items they had on sale plus the 20% discount for ordering 5x straps kept the price down to what I felt would be low enough to come through customs unscathed? - That parcel has not arrived, so only time will tell if the parcel is just taking a bit longer than my first order (a week to England) or has in fact been nabbed by customs? - I will update here in due course ... Paul

Got home (from golf, hurrah!) to find my CNS packet with 5x straps had arrived - No customs / duties to pay (looking at the parcel it lists contents as watch bands value $10 :whistle:) - I've gone for a few different styles this time & again very happy with the quality of the fabric ones & a leather pilot style one ... Paul :thumbsup: