• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I was just going through my Flickr feed and was looking at some of the watches that I no longer own. Left me wondering if there is one (or more) watch that you totally regret selling? 

For me it was this Squale 1521. Sadly I needed the money at the time of selling it but I would definitely get another in a heartbeat! :sadwalk:

DSC_0090

• Like 6
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that’s a mistake I won’t repeat in a hurry.Arrived today.    

I was just going through my Flickr feed and was looking at some of the watches that I no longer own. Left me wondering if there is one (or more) watch that you totally regret selling?  For me it

I regret selling my Seamaster GMT calibre 1128 model SU168.1613 For the first couple of years they came on the traditional SMPro bracelet but then Omega switched to this bracelet which transforme

Posted Images

I had the same Squale but moved it on because the crown was a bit of a struggle for old hands.I sold my Sinn 556a ,regretted it almost instantly ,I suspect it will be replaced.

• Like 2

Mr F ... This thread is very spooky! - I had to reboot my Flickr account to start posting pics here after a "hiatus" (?) - It was quite depressing looking at pics of some of the beautiful watches I owned back then - Here are just a few (the tip of a very large iceberg!) ... Paul :whistle:

oris blue ss golf close

Longines rubber snow

smp chrono 800

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, PaulBoy said:

Mr F ... This thread is very spooky! - I had to reboot my Flickr account to start posting pics here after a "hiatus" (?) - It was quite depressing looking at pics of some of the beautiful watches I owned back then - Here are just a few (the tip of a very large iceberg!) ... Paul :whistle:

oris blue ss golf close

Longines rubber snow

smp chrono 800

Was that the titanium version or the stainless, lovely in either case

3 minutes ago, dbc243 said:

Was that the titanium version or the stainless, lovely in either case

Of the Oris or the Omega? - Actually it makes no difference as I can't remember! - I remember buying the Oris from Australia & at just under a grand, it was squeaky bum time until it arrived "under the radar" of HMC&E (& more importantly, SWMBO!)

• Like 1

Quite a few:

Owned this twice, still miss it. 

gwd7jxR.jpg

Both of these, mostly because they have more than doubled in value!!

lAzXYI7.jpg

MeUx92q.jpg

Speedsonic, just a beautiful dial.

qYdnIfZ.jpg

And the rear view of my Speedy sapphire sandwich. 

EUSppV8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I regret selling my Seamaster GMT calibre 1128 model SU168.1613

For the first couple of years they came on the traditional SMPro bracelet but then Omega switched to this bracelet which transformed the watch IMO

large.omega_seamaster_GMT_01.jpg.77571dfdce52af18aee3a30faf9a9b25.jpg

I also regret selling this Omega Speedmaster MkII with the racing dial, I had it full restored by STS, it was immacualte

large.omega_speedmaster_mk2_wrist_03.jpg.003c81d22f5eaae94af53efdd5494cba.jpg

And to complete my Omega hat-trick of misery this Seamaster 300 made from NOS parts

large.1737396224_DSC08019s-Copy.jpg.303c40e3add6c815487a15d7f02016b0.jpg 

Quite painful in retrospect :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, PaulBoy said:

oris blue ss golf close

Longines rubber snow

smp chrono 800

That Oris is/was a lovely looking watch! 

36 minutes ago, JoT said:

I also regret selling this Omega Speedmaster MkII with the racing dial, I had it full restored by STS, it was immacualte

large.omega_speedmaster_mk2_wrist_03.jpg.003c81d22f5eaae94af53efdd5494cba.jpg

I'd be kicking myself to see that Speedmaster go too mate! 

4 hours ago, Bonzodog said:

I had the same Squale but moved it on because the crown was a bit of a struggle for old hands.I sold my Sinn 556a ,regretted it almost instantly ,I suspect it will be replaced.

Thats strange as I also regret selling a Sinn 556a that I had too! Cracking watches.

for me its an Oris BC8 regulator. sadly the pics are gone as PB booted all its non fee paying users :thumbdown:

oris

pic nicked from another watch forum posted 2009 - mods delete if this is an apocalyptic faux pas ... sadly this shot does the thing absolutely no justice.

Edited by Rotundus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Omg there are so many beauties on here. :yes:

for me it has to be this one .. I’ve flipped swapped so many but this one a can’t even remember what I swapped it for !!

li9SFo3.jpg

• Like 5

I haven't missed any of mine yet that I sold, but I regret giving my Squale 200m chrono to my son - now I run and really need a weatherproof chrono, it's the only one I have owned with a sweep minutes recorder too, instead of on a sub-dial that I can't read!

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Bonzodog said:

Well I’ve weakened and ordered a replacement Sinn 556a.First time a sold watch has been replaced,must be a senior moment:bash:

I like to think if I didn't post this topic of discussion you may not have pulled the trigger and got another one mate... You're welcome... :laugh:

Over the years I've probably owned 100's of watches. I've taken photos of most, though probably not all, of them so I'm going to try & tot up roughly how many I have owned. I do know that the watch that started me off on this particular hobby/obsession was a Seiko 6105 150m diver. I bought this off Ebay from Watchco Australia, it was a bit lived in but all original so I wish I still had this. I did keep it for a good few years but eventually sold it. A regret due to its originality & the fact that all original examples are quite hard to find now & expensive. According to the photos I have, this had a back engraved with B. Davenport 1977 - does anyone on here have it? I don't want to buy it back just know that it's still going OK 

Other regrettable sales include a lovely Ocean 7 (one of the first micro-brands I think), a Japy Aquatique (gorgeous thing & very quirky, especially the crown & the fact that you could remove the movement from the case, the idea being you'd put it into another case & change the look/function of the watch completely i.e. from a divers watch to a dress watch), a Citizen Mission Antarctica (one of two quartz watches I regret selling - the other being a yellow dial Japy Terrestre. The Citizen had been in storage for ages & didn't actually work that well. take note eco-drive owners & don't store these watch for long periods in the dark!) & a Glycine Lagunare (big, beautiful & fantastic watch & one I still look for, occasionally, on Ebay in the hope that I'll find a bargain). There are, without a shadow of a doubt, many many more but that'll do for now :thumbs_up:

LagunareA.jpg

Japy 02.JPG

6105A.JPG

6105 back.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

MA02.JPG

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 3