UK Watch Forum banner

Just like the Prodagle son, it returns.

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  apm101 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sold a watch, this watch on the forum 12 months ago and almost instantly regretted it.

Contacted the buyer recently to see if they fancied selling it back and very kindly they agreed to let me have it back at the same very fair price I released it.

What a guy, wont name them but thanks!

Anyone else been so stupid? :laugh:

Maybe the ultimate outdoors beater?... light, strong, sapphire, titanium, great lume, screw down crown, endless power, legible, kevlar strap, pretty too! And I love the metal buckle holes and keeper.

20210302_220019

See less See more
#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sold a watch, this watch on the forum 12 months ago and almost instantly regretted it.

Contacted the buyer recently to see if they fancied selling it back and very kindly they agreed to let me have it back at the same very fair price I released it.

What a guy, wont name them but thanks!

Anyone else been so stupid? :laugh:

Maybe the ultimate outdoors beater?... light, strong, sapphire, titanium, great lume, screw down crown, endless power, legible, kevlar strap, pretty too! And I love the metal buckle holes and keeper.

20210302_220019
I take it this is the monocoque, similar to the Ray Mears - I have thought about them and even bid / offered. I had a later version RM Citizen titanium with DLC, which I gave to a friend. I didn't regret letting the watch go, but it was also on my favourite CWC NATO with PVD hardware (since he didn't get along with the bracelet), and he cut the tail off and melted the end. I'm over it now.

Like this one, but I got mine half price in the sale https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Men-s-Citizen-Royal-Marines-Commando-Watch-Compass-Ltd-Edition-No-288-BN0147-5/164532471512?hash=item264ee646d8:g:C4gAAOSw0UJfvAGJ

#8 ·
I take it this is the monocoque, similar to the Ray Mears - I have thought about them and even bid / offered. I had a later version RM Citizen titanium with DLC, which I gave to a friend. I didn't regret letting the watch go, but it was also on my favourite CWC NATO with PVD hardware (since he didn't get along with the bracelet), and he cut the tail off and melted the end. I'm over it now.

Like this one, but I got mine half price in the sale https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Men-s-Citizen-Royal-Marines-Commando-Watch-Compass-Ltd-Edition-No-288-BN0147-5/164532471512?hash=item264ee646d8:g:C4gAAOSw0UJfvAGJ
Yep, it's the mono, my one and only mono... really works for this watch.

#12 ·
I've owned this very SuperOcean twice now:

JQXxfvn.jpg

If it came up again, I would consider it, although I do have it's big brother now, albeit in grey:

LI6hlTm.jpg

I am an absolute sucker for these older Breitling divers. Also had a Colt GMT:

hAirpUU.jpg

And a yellow Chrono Avenger:

W7d00aP.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.