• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one for me today on this damp and chilly morning.  

Nice clean BC3 for me today.. Hope this finds everyone well 

Ball Trainmaster:  

Posted Images

This GPS synchronised watch was a bargain, because it was correct to the second, but 4 days out!  Came from cash converters.  In Peckham, probably.

IMG_20210304_082340161(1).thumb.jpg.d55c621923c75562e890094ebb2a5361.jpg

Thanks to the manual, it is now perfectly re-calibrated, and does a 'time only' synch in a couple of seconds.  If you have changed time zones it can do a geo-location synch too, which takes only a short while longer.  I am told the rechargeable battery is jolly big.

Unlike the Rugby (I can't remember Anthorn or wherever) time signal, the GPS signal does not contain daylight saving offset information, but there is an indicator on the dial, and a very simple procedure to follow explained on pp. 1732 to 2348 of the manual.

HAGD

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Morning,

This Elgin Sportsman today, probably dating to around the mid ‘60s and shortly before the demise of the original Elgin company.

It came from the “budget” end of their range and is powered by one of their imported 17j movements, in this case the UTC (Seiko) 29 although marked as Elgin’s M-112 calibre.

Regards.

Elgin Sportsman v.3.jpg

Elgin Sportsman UTC 29 2019 v.3.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

srGIQBoOCdo-JWPJiKDImflIAOXNq1RkUtrtZNwO

It has stopped raining now (3.2mm yesterday) but it's too wet to do any more digging.

Edit: I have just remembered it's World Book Day (I was discussing this with my grand-daughter a few days ago) so I shall pretend to be erudite and do some reading and writing.

Edited by Wowbagger
Added material
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1