• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been a while since I have worn this Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79220R and had forgotten how comfortable it is, this model is driven by an ETA2824 has the Tudor rose logo on the dial and crown and o

Hope everyone's Friday goes well and to plan. Wearing my recently repaired Seiko turtle today.  

Posted Images

built this yesterday,dial was trimmed down to suit the case,40mm case has a thick plexiglass,hands were relumed with superluminava C3,movement for a change is a seiko NH36, had a rummage and came up with the jubilee bracelet.HAGWEE.1hM2IZk.jpg?1

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Can't believe I haven't worn this one yet this year. Leaving the house today (Tesco run) so pushing the boat out with this:

What, probably one of the best Rotary's out there and you've had it sitting in a  box all year. :nono::laughing2dw:

I've mine on a blue strap, maybe have to give it a spell with a tan strap.

The only problem, although not really a problem, and it happens with most of the blue dial watches i have, is it's really hard to take a photo that does justice to the watch/dial.

The blue always comes across duller than it does in the flesh.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Graham60 said:

What, probably one of the best Rotary's out there and you've had it sitting in a  box all year. :nono::laughing2dw:

Been saving it up a bit, trying to wear a different watch every day until I've been through the lot, hence some of the nonsense that's coming out at the moment too, but sunny day, heading out the door, time to pull out a nice one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the cheapest watches I've ever bought is this Javelle, that I've now had nearly twenty-five years. In those days they were inexpensive but the cases were made in Germany and equipped with Japanese Miyota movements, rather than Chinese as they were later. Never serviced, just started up occasionally and stuck on my wrist, it's a substantial watch with a saphire crystal on the front and a see-through case back, and it still keeps going and keeps great time. At times, you have to wonder why we spend so much on some watches. :)

51005549356_6085651156_o.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I like this, solid bars at the lug, solid bar through the buckle, sapphire crystal, steel movement holder with rubber damping, new hands similar to their Holton Professional, fully brushed and all in scale on a Geckota contoured strap.

IMG_20210305_094027586(1).thumb.jpg.6081a71ffbdd231852923a07b8ae1877.jpg

One of those watches that makes you wonder why you need the other six, sixty, or six hundred!

Have a good one.

J

• Like 12