• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

An incoming earlier this week saw me go above my threshold of 12 and into the lower level of the watch box which I didnt really plan  on doing :(

Row two only ever housed my dads watch (the gold one) and a 1960s plastic that I cant give up but rarely gets worn. there two dont count amongst my rule of 12!

I dont like having an un-full row so luckily I've got two kickstarter coming in the next few months to  balance it up.

Cant help looking at a special watche, a biggy ... a Bremont (maybe S501 or Broadarrow), a breitlinag superocean heritage (one of the limited editions) and the more I look at it, the more i love the Rolex explorer oyster perpetual :jawdrop1:

Flipped a lot if watches this year and last, there has been more out than in but the number has now crept up.

So this is me... for the time being!

And yes, I love a vintage styled watch

20210305_152153

• Like 11

Stellar collection. Four of your watches are on my ‘wish I owned’ list.

The Aquis & Pointer.

The Captain Cook.

and I’ve really been hankering after a Certina PH200 recently.

Very nice indeed!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, relaxer7 said:

Very nice collection! How do you find the Captain Cook? Always liked the look of them but never tried one on. 

I purchased the 37mm ghost (grey) originally... it was stunning, soooooo pretty but at 37mm its was too small so I exchanged it imediatley for an Oris 65 but continued to admire the CC.

A year later I saw the larger brown version and tried it on, it was a bit if a wow moment and I purchased there and then. Things I love about it...

The leather

The deployant (as nice as anything I've seen)

The sheen to the dial

That hour hand :yes:

The moving red anchor

How it sits in the wrist

The unique vintage look

The overall finish and feel is sublime 

The smooth action of the bezel

The huge discount I haggled :biggrin:

Safe to say I love it!

• Like 1

The Oris date pointer in the bottom row is gorgeous.  I've admired it in the WRUW thread. 

I'm after something special in the future - for sentimental reasons - and I'm trying to get enough money together - but an Oris date pointer is one of the watches I'd like - probably vintage, not new.  If I could get something like that with a 30mm case, I'd be delighted.

• Like 1