• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Ultrasonic cleaners

nursegladys

Ultrasonic cleaner  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use an ultrasonic cleaner for your watches, bracelets and other items?

• yes
    • no

Question

9 answers to this question

I use (like lots of others here) the Lidl one which is perfectly adequate for the occasional bracelet/case clean. I don't use any special cleaner, just hand hot water and a few drops of washing up liquid.

Obviously, for more frequent or professional use, a more robust machine would be required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I use (like lots of others here) the Lidl one which is perfectly adequate for the occasional bracelet/case clean. I don't use any special cleaner, just hand hot water and a few drops of washing up liquid.

Obviously, for more frequent or professional use, a more robust machine would be required.

I am exactly the same Lidl one with water and a dod of Fairy

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 12:42, Roger the Dodger said:

I have the silvercrest one, and a more professional, larger, heated one.  But most of the time the silvercrest one gets used, as it does the job, and is smaller and quicker.  Warm water and a squirt of fairy.

14 minutes ago, AndrewMacdonald said:

Gonna hijack this thread slightly.... Are the options for ultrasonic cleaners on Amazon worth it just for movements and parts as a hobbyist?

you shouldn't put a complete movement in them, but for parts it is fine.  You might need a very fine mesh basket to keep them safe though

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

I have the silvercrest one, and a more professional, larger, heated one.  But most of the time the silvercrest one gets used, as it does the job, and is smaller and quicker.  Warm water and a squirt of fairy.

you shouldn't put a complete movement in them, but for parts it is fine.  You might need a very fine mesh basket to keep them safe though

Cheers. I might have worded it better. Thank you for the answer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bricey said:

You don't see something like this one everyday.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-R-Watch-Cleaning-Machine-Ultasonic-Vari-Matic-precision-cleaning-machine-/224421842776?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Think it looks awesome, but doubt my wife will let me leave it out on the dining room table 

looks like something from the film Journey to the centre of the earth :jawdrop1:

14 hours ago, Bricey said:

You don't see something like this one everyday.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-R-Watch-Cleaning-Machine-Ultasonic-Vari-Matic-precision-cleaning-machine-/224421842776?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Think it looks awesome, but doubt my wife will let me leave it out on the dining room table 

See..  THIS is what happens when you don't give free condoms to your hoover.

:smiley-faces-85: