• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Wednesday hump day 10th March

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning,

Swiss-made Wirz from the 1950s today, in a steel case and driven by a 17j Felsa 465.

Mikrolisk has two (or maybe just one) makers for this brand; M Wirz SA registered in Berne on 25th March 1954, and Janus SA registered on the same day in Tecknau, which isn’t exactly nearby.

Of course, it’s tempting to think that these were the same enterprise, but neither company has left enough ripples in history for me to trace.

Regards.

Wirz s.s. v.3.jpg

Wirz Felsa 465 v.3.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

My new beater. This forum has messed with my head, it would have just been a pretty and cheap watch in January but now I have a bloody list of requirements, haven’t got Seiko 5 yet, should really have one................

Anyway, it’s a nice little watch with a slightly crappy strap.

0D69EA8A-DBE6-48BA-9171-ED5C97C55BBE.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2