• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New Hamilton Instra-Matic - olive green auto.

Anyone seen this yet?

I'm in love (again)! I think the colour scheme on the dial is perfection. But, I don't think the dark brown leather strap as an alternative to the bracelet, works. I think a much lighter shade would be better. 

h38416160-detail-rolledview.jpg

Fratello have just covered it - 

Hamilton Intra-Matic Chronograph Watch In Olive Green (With Date) (fratellowatches.com)

h38416160.jpg

Hamilton website here:

American Classic Intra-matic Auto Chrono - Green dial | Hamilton Watch - H38416160 | Hamilton Watch

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Caller. said:

I'm in love (again)! I think the colour scheme on the dial is perfection. But, I don't think the dark brown leather strap as an alternative to the bracelet, works. I think a much lighter shade would be better.

American Classic Intra-matic Auto Chrono - Green dial | Hamilton Watch - H38416160 | Hamilton Watch

I agree, I think that it's a stunning watch and I definitely want one, I just need them to hit the second hand market, I hate paying retail. :biggrin: ...    It would look great on a good quality light tan strap, I'm not one for bracelets on sports watches though, too much like brown shoes with a blue suit for me. :).....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I had any criticism, I would say the pushers are on the large side and I cannot understand any watch brand not being able to provide a date wheel in a matching colour. In this case, cream. But both minor issues. Looking forward to seeing this om my next trip to Bangkok.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Caller. said:

If I had any criticism, I would say the pushers are on the large side and I cannot understand any watch brand not being able to provide a date wheel in a matching colour. In this case, cream. But both minor issues. Looking forward to seeing this om my next trip to Bangkok.

The date wheel issue is one that frequently drives me bonkers and something that I too cannot understand, restyling a date wheel cannot be that expensive in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the overall costs. When the date is at the four o'clock position you hardly ever see it correctly orientated either and that just makes my brain hurt !  :wacko:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Caller. said:

Strongly agree regarding tbe date wheel, JUST WHY?!?!?! I've had quite a few mictobrands that have colour matched the date wheel so why cant the big boys will all their purchasing power or in house manufacturing, especially at this kind of price point and above. Really narks me!

Strongly disagree on the pushers :laugh:... one of the features that make this watch so bloody gorgeous!

• Like 1

Regards the date wheel , they had a swatch guy interviewed about this on a vlog a year or so ago and the answer was simply that they had done research and consumers found the non matching date easier to read. 

On 10/03/2021 at 10:07, Caller. said:

If I had any criticism, I would say the pushers are on the large side ...

Seems they wanted to stick with the original designs from last century but I agree, for the auto and mechanical versions, they could have maybe given us more modest pushers .... no one likes being too pushy ....

• 1 month later...

So yesterday, I finally got a chance to look at this in the flesh. Except for the fact they didn't have the green dial model! The blue was very nice, a very highly polished watch, which bothered me a bit and with a surprising heft, which didn't. In all respects it was a perfect fit on the wrist. 

But the salesman was bemused by a green dial, so called over the manager. This was a concession in a Dept. Store. The manager was aware of the green dial model, but that was about it. His English was not so great, so he took my number with the promise someone would call me back. Within the hour they did. The green dial model is not being imported to Thailand, but I could place an order blah, blah, blah. 

How bloody annoying is that. I want to see it in the flesh. Maybe green dialled watches don't sell here? 

Still, there'll be another watch along shortly........ 

Theres a black version out now which for me is tbe pick of the bunch but it comes on a rather horrid leather start (bot even a deployant). Green on the shark mesh pops it but I would love to see the black on a mesh too. This could possibly be my next watch, I dont own a chrono.... yet!

• Like 1