• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Dress down Friday? Hmmm.... WRUW?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smiths for me today.      

The trusty X-33 for me today, you have to love an accurate quartz movement.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, nursegladys said:

oh do expand, I'm intrigued :huh:

IMG_20210206_095746447_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.bc6f4f192090726e18fc4211a95d479a.jpg

The power cell gets charged via an induction coil, I am guessing the induction coil normally gets 'inducted' by a moving magnet propelled or oscillated or rotated by the weight mechanism, but it will 'couple' with other types of induction charging device, like those for charging imitation tea lights, and  toothbrushes, the use of a current meter helps you get the correct orientation most sympathetic to receiving a charge.  In some orientations there is no current flow.  One must be cautious not to overdo it as the watch warms up, so perhaps the coil inside gets a bit hot?  I wouldn't leave it on overnight ....  That's showing 12 milliamps at a power factor of 41%, so work is being done.  The power cells as you can imagine are not very large capacity, I have read maybe half-a-dozen mAh.  Seiko Kinetics often have a power meter (Pulsars sometimes do) which would be a handy guide.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

IMG_20210206_095746447_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.bc6f4f192090726e18fc4211a95d479a.jpg

The power cell gets charged via an induction coil, I am guessing the induction coil normally gets 'inducted' by a moving magnet propelled or oscillated or rotated by the weight mechanism, but it will 'couple' with other types of induction charging device, like those for charging imitation tea lights, and  toothbrushes, the use of a current meter helps you get the correct orientation most sympathetic to receiving a charge.  In some orientations there is no current flow.  One must be cautious not to overdo it as the watch warms up, so perhaps the coil inside gets a bit hot?  I wouldn't leave it on overnight ....  That's showing 12 milliamps at a power factor of 41%, so work is being done.  The power cells as you can imagine are not very large capacity, I have read maybe half-a-dozen mAh.  Seiko Kinetics often have a power meter (Pulsars sometimes do) which would be a handy guide.

I had not thought of that, or even seen it mentioned before.