• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out for lunch today 

TUNA 47MM   

After being away all week it's nice to be able to swap watches. Giving my Seamaster an outing today. Dogs knackered, just took her on a 10 mile run through the local woods which are once again pure fi

Posted Images

After being away all week it's nice to be able to swap watches. Giving my Seamaster an outing today. Dogs knackered, just took her on a 10 mile run through the local woods which are once again pure filth due to all the rain this week.

2021-03-13_09-38-35

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Morning,

Today this Everite with a 17j AS/ST 1950/51 and probably dating from the 1960s. Along with Helvetia, this was one of the “sole UK distributor” brands of H (for Harriet, incidentally) Samuel, the Jewellery retailers established in 1862.

However, Everite was more properly a “house” brand of Samuels, whereas Helvetia very much had a significant life of its own.

Regards.

Everite 2019 v.3.jpg

Everite AS.ST 1950.51 v.3.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@Balaton1109 - thanks for that information.  I have a tiny wee Marcasite mechanical Everite cocktail watch up for sale at the moment (an unwanted one from a job lot - it's cleaned up nicely and works well) and I also own an Excalibur automatic of my grandmothers.  I wondered if they were from the same company, because if you search for one, you get the other popping up and often see almost identical watches from each brand?  

Nice watch - is the orange second hand original, or have you replaced it, as I love how it looks?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

Today this Everite with a 17j AS/ST 1950/51 and probably dating from the 1960s. Along with Helvetia, this was one of the “sole UK distributor” brands of H (for Harriet, incidentally) Samuel, the Jewellery retailers established in 1862.

However, Everite was more properly a “house” brand of Samuels, whereas Helvetia very much had a significant life of its own.

Regards.

Everite 2019 v.3.jpg

Everite AS.ST 1950.51 v.3.jpg

I changed from a 'like' to a 'thanks'...the reason for changing was because of the decoration on the movement,, a shame it gets hidden with a caseback. Thanks for sharing :)

• Thanks 1