• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

"Bubble" cases on various wrists

Just seen an interesting debate on a social media page about how  some people just don't get on with Bubble cased watches like Rolex etc etc with the bubble [ ie shallow underside case turret ] making the watch sit high and all that. Obviously its horses for courses and I would assume most people would not notice or care.

However there was one photo where the the same watch was shown on this guys wrist and then again on the wrist of his older brother and its incredible , the watch looked normal on his brother , but on him the lugs barely made contact with his wrist. 

Anyone encountered this with watches, completely new to me , not even considered it as an issue !

Vintage Rolex Bubblebacks @ around 30-32mm are small enough to sit comfortably on the back of my wrist without standing proud as the area it sits in is slightly concave. 

• Like 1

Your terminology and descriptions make little sense to me, but I think you're talking about a watch's thickness in specific regards to the case back. If that's correct, then I'm good with it. I have several watches in which the lugs do not touch my wrist, just the back and I love it!

• Like 1

I think there is only one bubble back and thats the old rolex. If you mean deep case backs or bevelled. Then no problem to me at all my wrist is flat hard and with no fat but only 6 inch so they do sit a bit off the lugs. Unless the lugs curve well. 

I will call in expert rolex help...ok i wont i will make do with the best weve got @BondandBigM can you confirm for the audiance the answer to the question? Is there only 1 bubble back and is it a very old rolex? Video evidence known source.

14 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Your terminology and descriptions make little sense to me, but I think you're talking about a watch's thickness in specific regards to the case back. If that's correct, then I'm good with it. I have several watches in which the lugs do not touch my wrist, just the back and I love it!

Im with Jay a bit confused. Thats the British understatement Jay. 

Edited

Edited by Nigelp