• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Can anyone help me identify this watch?

Hi! 

I'm new to the forums and just really looking for some advice. Someone I know passed recently and we've had to sort through all his old belongings, some of which being watches. Most I've been able to identify but there's this Rado one that I can't find much information on. I have managed to find a few odd pages but nothing describing the year it was made, the model etc. 

Any advice would be really great!

163424363_749585285927113_29938907458588163501758_536566957322248_41132751145298

Please excuse the condition - it wasn't very well cared for but I intend to clean it up!

Thank you in advance :) 

45 minutes ago, JoT said:

Looking at the cheap construction and the cheap folded link bracelet I think the watch is fake

Yeah deffo, the engraving on the back is ‘nasty’ 

I must admit, I had the same thought @JoT - I don't know much about Rado watches, other than I tried one on, visually similar style to above, a few years ago when I got my TAG and the one very big tick in the plus column - hence I remember how it felt - was the quality of the bracelet, it was sublimely smooth and visually the same on the inside as the outside - very slick. 

I tried to find a photo to illustrate what I meant and I don't want to like someone else's photos, but this blog review has some nice inside bracelet photos - although probably a newer ceramic model than the one above:

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/rado-ceramica-automatic-watch-review/