• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New Seamaster anyone ?

I don't mind that at all, a nice watch for suited & booted or wouldn't look out of place in the shorts & deck shoes although I didn't get to the how much bit, I'm guessing not cheap. 

Bronze, rose, pink, white gold just a few grams of whatever melted up here and there. 

22 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Have I got this right and the hour markers are cut outs and are "beneath" the dial ?

Yeah it's a sandwich dial so the indices are cutout and the layer below will be coated with lume.

Edit: that's the hour indices, and the numbers on this one.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kamakazie! said:

Yeah it's a sandwich dial so the indices are cutout and the layer below will be coated with lume.

Edit: that's the hour indices, and the numbers on this one.

That watch is a "no" from me then, its one of my pet hates ......

Another nod back to the original Seamaster 300 and a nice simple clean overall dial design, but I suspect the cost will be a bit eye watering. The standard version is fetching some £5000, so the bronze gold version is going to be a good bit north of that .... The Ploprof with the same 8912 Calibre is now £10,660 !

• Confused 1

omega continue to get it massively wrong imho with the seamaster range - bring back the pre bond.

wouldn't mind a globemaster though. 

perhaps am a bit bored with dive watches , i have a decent one and am not actively looking for another.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I just think this watch is trying too hard to be too many things.... A fresher version would win for me , no faux lame colours for a start ...

I would also like to see it with "normal" lume but still quite like it with the aged look

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoT said:

I would also like to see it with "normal" lume but still quite like it with the aged look

Ok yes so you have pretty much nailed it,,, cleaner lume but still with the traditional profiling and designs ... yep ... that would sell it to me....

[ pop your CV off to Swatch group ]

I'm not a big fan of bezels on any watch really. Don't get me wrong, I have a couple of 'inherited' watches with bezels but it took me all of 4 weeks to mod my vostok commander with a plain sloped brushed steel bezel. 

So I'll pass on this one, unless someone gives me it for free.