• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

My name is Chris, I’m the Co-Founder of Fifty Eight Watches, I would love to hear your opinion regarding our watches.

crDYTD6.jpg6axWPX4.jpg?1FyzQNIJ.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you’re doing well.

My name is Chris, I’m the Co-Founder of Fifty Eight Watches. I’m an avid enthusiast and watch professional, with more than 8 years experience in the watchmaking industry. My goal at Fifty Eight Watches is to bring value to the watch community by offering great design watches, Swiss quality timepieces at affordable prices and great customer service. The Geneva Tribute collection will be launching on Kickstarter soon.

I would love to hear your opinion regarding our watches.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Firstly, in order for me to give an honest opinion, one important bit of information is missing....’Ow Much!   As an associate member of the York Branch of TWF, I fear my membership wou

OK ! Personally, I would never buy a Kickstarter project. A very important piece of marketing advice I was given by a proven marketing professional, that stood me very well, is ; "You may ha

I think we need to see the 57 made before this one.

25 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

crDYTD6.jpg6axWPX4.jpg?1FyzQNIJ.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you’re doing well.

My name is Chris, I’m the Co-Founder of Fifty Eight Watches. I’m an avid enthusiast and watch professional, with more than 8 years experience in the watchmaking industry. My goal at Fifty Eight Watches is to bring value to the watch community by offering great design watches, Swiss quality timepieces at affordable prices and great customer service. The Geneva Tribute collection will be launching on Kickstarter soon.

I would love to hear your opinion regarding our watches.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris.

http://www.fiftyeightwatches.com

Can I ask if you are aware of the following ? ;

Kickstarter - Indiegogo - Crowdfunding

Forum dedicated to start up watch companies such as the ones that use Kickstarter, Indiegogo or a different crowd funding site.

All topics require validation before they are displayed. 

Please note this is not for free advertising but a place to discuss new and interesting products.

Hi,

I apologize, my intention is not to break the rules.
I imagine that is fine to share my new project with the community. 
If my posts are not according to forum regulation I will remove them.

8 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Can I ask if you are aware of the following ? ;

Kickstarter - Indiegogo - Crowdfunding

Forum dedicated to start up watch companies such as the ones that use Kickstarter, Indiegogo or a different crowd funding site.

All topics require validation before they are displayed. 

Please note this is not for free advertising but a place to discuss new and interesting products.

Can you please guide me on where should I send my posts to be reviewed by one forum member? 
Thanks.

In my opinion it looks like a generic watch in an already crowded 40mm, leather artisan band and a couple of colourways. 

The fact its 'Swiss' in as many ways as possible means nothing to me.

And no mention of pricepoint, that would be the only thing that might differentiate, but I'd speculate that it won't.

Hi

Firstly, in order for me to give an honest opinion, one important bit of information is missing....’Ow Much!

As an associate member of the York Branch of TWF, I fear my membership would be revoked had I not asked the question.

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

OK !

Personally, I would never buy a Kickstarter project.

A very important piece of marketing advice I was given by a proven marketing professional, that stood me very well, is ; "You may have the best product or service in the world, the difficult and expensive bit, is letting your potential customer base know". I can think of two "budget" micro watch brands at the moment that could be described as "high profile marketing", and they are handing sample watches to influential Vloggers, and some forums for hands on appraisal. So my advice would be, once you have decided on a definite price, send one of your watches (non returnable) to this forum so as it can be passed around the membership for a true appraisal. Others have done this, but be fully aware, you may or may not get the feedback you want, it will be honest though, from a watch enthusiasts point of view. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, al_kaholik said:

In my opinion it looks like a generic watch in an already crowded 40mm, leather artisan band and a couple of colourways. 

The fact its 'Swiss' in as many ways as possible means nothing to me.

And no mention of pricepoint, that would be the only thing that might differentiate, but I'd speculate that it won't.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

The preorder price will be 490GBP

The fact that is Swiss-made means a certain overall quality of the watch.

1 hour ago, Karrusel said:

Hi

Firstly, in order for me to give an honest opinion, one important bit of information is missing....’Ow Much!

As an associate member of the York Branch of TWF, I fear my membership would be revoked had I not asked the question.

Swiss-made automatic movement equipped with Sellita Sw200

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

OK !

Personally, I would never buy a Kickstarter project.

A very important piece of marketing advice I was given by a proven marketing professional, that stood me very well, is ; "You may have the best product or service in the world, the difficult and expensive bit, is letting your potential customer base know". I can think of two "budget" micro watch brands at the moment that could be described as "high profile marketing", and they are handing sample watches to influential Vloggers, and some forums for hands on appraisal. So my advice would be, once you have decided on a definite price, send one of your watches (non returnable) to this forum so as it can be passed around the membership for a true appraisal. Others have done this, but be fully aware, you may or may not get the feedback you want, it will be honest though, from a watch enthusiasts point of view. :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

59 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

The fact that is Swiss-made means a certain overall quality of the watch.

Swiss-made automatic movement equipped with Sellita Sw200

Quality is subjective, and affected by much more than where a watch is assembled/made etc.

Its like saying German cars are better than American ones. The Focus RS is made in Germany whilst a number of VAG cars are constructed in other parts of Europe.

At £490 its towards the steep end in my opinion.

Best of luck.

Al

2 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Hi

Sadly owing to non payment of subs your membership is being reviewed by ‘ The Committee’ and the treasurer

@PC-Magician in particular.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, al_kaholik said:

Quality is subjective, and affected by much more than where a watch is assembled/made etc.

Its like saying German cars are better than American ones. The Focus RS is made in Germany whilst a number of VAG cars are constructed in other parts of Europe.

At £490 its towards the steep end in my opinion.

Best of luck.

Al

Thank you Al.

24 minutes ago, bridgeman said:

Sadly owing to non payment of subs your membership is being reviewed by ‘ The Committee’ and the treasurer

Please don't Chris...

Churchill, The 'Cry-Baby' War Hero: How The Politician Was Led By His  Emotions - HistoryExtra

I'm sorry!

:tongue:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Hi

by associate member you mean the short arms and long pocket syndrome :whistle:

24 minutes ago, bridgeman said:

there are subs??:sign_question:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

My goal at Fifty Eight Watches is to bring value to the watch community by offering great design watches, Swiss quality timepieces at affordable prices and great customer service.

There seems to be a new British brand appearing almost weekly at the moment and nearly all offer 'Swiss Quality' watches. Problem is CW got there and did that years ago. It's just not a selling point anymore, well not to me in any case. The design is pretty nondescript and as George Daniels once said to Roger Smith, I think you need to start again. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Please don't Chris...

Churchill, The 'Cry-Baby' War Hero: How The Politician Was Led By His  Emotions - HistoryExtra

I'm sorry!

:tongue:

:)) 

That's alright, no offense taken. 

Out of curiosity what kind of brands are you into?

no offense taken. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Pretty well anything that ticks (mechanical), from the 18th century to modern day, but mostly old tat.

For me, the 1940’s - 1960’s was the zenith of 20th century watchmaking.

It's a watch which doesn't illicit any strong feelings one way or the other so it is unlikely to be on my buy list.

Things that irk me a bit - having a central seconds hand and no minute / seconds chapter ring seems a bit pointless as its function is compromised. I don't like the applied logo it looks cheap and as above I am not keen on the brand name. I don't like the "Geneva Tribute" on the dial, I could live with the "automatic" but it seems superfluous. I also think the blue hands are a bit overdone these days and would opt for plain polished steel hands.

Things I quite like - I like the Geneva tribute dial and the case looks nice

What would make a difference for me?

It would be interesting to see this watch with a small seconds at 6 using another 11.5''' movement such as the SW261-1, I think it would transform it

• Like 1

More than 8 years experience? So... 9 years experience?   :wink:

Sorry, just sounded a weird thing to say.   "More than a decade" holds some weight, otherwise you're probably best saying something like "training in the industry since 2013".