• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Seiko clasp- replacement option for horrible pressed steel clasps

apm101

Sorry if this is massively obvious, but only just occurred to me...

I am a happy owner of a King Samurai. I like everything about the watch, except the awful pressed-steel clasp. The bracelet is not the best, but totally let down by that horrible clasp.

Why Seiko persist on putting pressed steel clasps onto watches in this (pretty expensive) price range, I do not know.

Anyway while perusing replacement bracelets, it occurred to me to just change the clasp.

Found a nice steel Zuludiver item form Geckota, now fitted. Feels and looks great. £20 delivered.

Completes the watch for me.

I did have to bring in the clasp edges at the closure end to properly take the very short Seiko spring bars, but it's like a glove now.

CyuQeue.jpg

XGzryjv.jpg

Would, I guess, work for most decent Seiko bracelets (I seem to remember the Sumo was the same), with the right clasp.

Or any bracelet which is let down by the clasp (although it seems only to be Seiko that are really guilty of this...

• Like 1

I think I might be in the minority here but I really like the Seiko bracelets and clasps. Never really had a problem with them and I have several of them. I have seen many comments regarding them and how they are swapped out almost instantly. Just think there pretty decent, nothing too spectacular, but far from bin fodder.

I am actually the opposite to you, I bought an aftermarket bracelet for my samurai which I have just recently removed because I didn't think it was really that good compared to the stock Seiko one. It looked good but had folded end links that just killed it. It wasn't cheap either which is quite disappointing. 

15 hours ago, Roxyben said:

I think I might be in the minority here but I really like the Seiko bracelets and clasps. Never really had a problem with them and I have several of them. I have seen many comments regarding them and how they are swapped out almost instantly. Just think there pretty decent, nothing too spectacular, but far from bin fodder.

I am actually the opposite to you, I bought an aftermarket bracelet for my samurai which I have just recently removed because I didn't think it was really that good compared to the stock Seiko one. It looked good but had folded end links that just killed it. It wasn't cheap either which is quite disappointing. 

I am in your camp as well, but then again I also think Vostok bracelets are OK  :laugh:

I do like the Zulu clasp mind you, looks very well made

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/03/2021 at 20:25, JoT said:

I am in your camp as well, but then again I also think Vostok bracelets are OK  :laugh:

I do like the Zulu clasp mind you, looks very well made

That's a thing.. my Boctok bracelet came with the watch Nov 20 and although it fits perfectly to the watch, it's the exact same as other bracelets I've seen on the bay. It's also temperamental and has pinged open once or twice.

I couldn't stand my Seiko bracelet, then again, I swapped it out for a shark mesh and although I like it, I've been told it's ugly as sin. :wacko: