• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

55 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Similarly with kickstarter’s, the majority simply treat the Forum as a ‘free’ advertising facility, targeting a captive audience all ready in place.  
I say charge the cheeky, tight fisted b******s!!

Q

Yes I have thought about scrapping this, and may do, however they will still try to post and at least they are all on the same place and not trying to post in other sections. 

It is funny sometimes to read the absolute drivel that they come out with too :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Members are reminded of the forum rules: "As a service to Members a for-sale, wanted and trade section is provided by the Forum. The rules for posting in these sub-forums are displayed in the res

.... Some on here would prefer if it if I used the forum purely to sell stuff and not post anything  .... so that's my last post here ever , now let me just load up those 50 old stock Casios I have ha

Another thing while we are on about kickstarters. How come they think they have created something so unique and groundbreaking. Yet have no conviction to get a loan, funding, sell the house, do whatev

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

I have no intention of putting a compulsory fee on the sales.
The section is there for the benefit of regular contributing members.   

If people want to make a forum donation after a sale then that is up to them.

There are a few members and only a few who do just come here to sell stuff. They never donate or contribute very little to the forum.

I made the post to make these people aware that if I see their current posts and they are a majority of sales posts then I may decide to withdraw this service for them until they contribute more. 

A few of weeks ago a member who has not posted since 2010 came and put a sales ad up and then vanished again. 

I like to see a busy sales section but not as much as I prefer to see a busy forum.

I have bought and sold more watches here than anywhere else. I could sell for more on eBay but I like to keep them in the community if I can. 

This does crop up now and again and I like to have a rant to get it out of my system  

I don’t think anyone is deliberately taking advantage but if you don’t want to contribute then don’t expect to sell here.

Enuff said :laugh:

Sensible idea I think @kevkojak always contributes some proceeds and id be more than happy too to do so. Its fair. 

Another thing while we are on about kickstarters. How come they think they have created something so unique and groundbreaking. Yet have no conviction to get a loan, funding, sell the house, do whatever it takes to get the watches made and have a product to sell. If it’s that good then you don’t need to take my money six months before I can have your unique product. 

I’m proper on one today :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Roy said:

Another thing while we are on about kickstarters. How come they think they have created something so unique and groundbreaking. Yet have no conviction to get a loan, funding, sell the house, do whatever it takes to get the watches made and have a product to sell. If it’s that good then you don’t need to take my money six months before I can have your unique product. 

Its like all the Snowflakes mate today aged under 30 give them a radio and a casette tape and they know it all and grow beards like Dave lee Travis. Pain in the arse the modern world. 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Roy said:

I’ll join you!

Considering this is a ‘Watch Forum’ one would expect, in varying degrees, a vast accumulated wealth of knowledge regarding wristwatch’s ?

Therefore, would it not be more sensible, cost effective, to tap into this knowledge (‘following a fee or goods given to the Forum’) rather than ‘impose’ what they think we need/want ?

As you say, the bull sh!t that most come out with is laughable.

Quid pro quo I say!

Next......

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Considering this is a ‘Watch Forum’ one would expect, in varying degrees, a vast accumulated wealth of knowledge regarding wristwatch’s ?

Thats me out of the parameter then .... :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Always a bridesmaid hey Jonny :(

:laugh:

Yeh to be fair , I don't care how accommodating or pompous relative experts are ... always eager to learn from the Bride, what ever the gender, and to be fair,,,, even there is no obvious gender ,,,, [ I digress ]. Happy to learn from all, and almost all on here are non judgmental of relative ignorance, perhaps a glass raised to the way its run,,,,

4 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Yeh to be fair , I don't care how accommodating or pompous relative experts are ... always eager to learn from the Bride, what ever the gender, and to be fair,,,, even there is no obvious gender ,,,, [ I digress ]. Happy to learn from all, and almost all on here are non judgmental of relative ignorance, perhaps a glass raised to the way its run,,,,

Yeh i know what you mean, its running well it really is. But im thinking if @BondandBigM gets 50 grand for his LV and pays say, what? 10percent then the forum will get 3 grand eh. 

2 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Big M is the boss of the outfit and tight as so when she sells I'm not so sure if even I'd get a fiver out of it never mind @Roy

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Where did you get the grey syrup from mate

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Yeh i know what you mean, its running well it really is. But im thinking if @BondandBigM gets 50 grand for his LV and pays say, what? 10percent then the forum will get 3 grand eh. 

Where did you get the grey syrup from mate

Big M thought I needed a bit of a make over

Come to think of it @BigM and @Roy have actually done a bit of business before.

:huh:

:biggrin:

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Big M thought I needed a bit of a make over

Come to think of it @BigM and @Roy have actually done a bit of business before.

:huh:

:biggrin:

Hope she was wearing her Pink Miami Vice suit mate. Did you leave her at the station waiting for the train all night you tight git:laugh:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

I still regret letting you have that mako xl bnib for 40 quid lol! I should have suggested 5 quid selling fees then and charged you 45! Come on it makes sense. Nothing should be free in life if it is a benefit. Too many getting off scott free. Its a Capitalist world... 

Cracking idea make it democratic. 

My little bro will not give that watch even when I offer him more than the £40 I paid you....:swoon:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Craftycockney said:

My little bro will not give that watch even when I offer him more than the £40 I paid you....:swoon:

I remember you saying it was for your brother glad he still likes it. How longs that since? 5 years?:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Roy said:

I was just about to load up the sale forum before doing a runner for a month. I'm going back under my rock where its safe... :tongue:

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

I was just about to load up the sale forum before doing a runner for a month. I'm going back under my rock where its safe... :tongue:

That a 'no pressure to buy' line if I ever saw one :wink:

Would it be a idea to lightly send a message to the people who this apples to also @mods  , as if the thread is not read then they would not be any the wiser and will continue 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Don’t know about you, but I joined a ‘watch forum’ principally to engage in the discussion of horology.

By opening the flood gates for sellers to tout their wares & the ensuing discussions, bartering, arguments, numpties questions...need I go on?

I couldn't agree more. :yes:

The classified section is for members, and if someone is not playing fair, sticking to the rules then they don't deserve to be on here.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Roy said:

It is funny sometimes to read the absolute drivel that they come out with too :laugh:

"We opted for a high accuracy Japanese module to ensure perfect reliability for our treasured customers piece of mind"

No. You stuck a 1 jewel Miyota in it 'coz they cost a quid a unit mate.   :laugh:

• Haha 4
16 hours ago, Roy said:

Yes I have thought about scrapping this, and may do, however they will still try to post and at least they are all on the same place and not trying to post in other sections. 

I quite like the Kickstarter subforum as most starters get a right kicking from members!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm new here and don't know anything about running a forum so forgive me if this is all wrong. 

This forum has a photo folder that costs £5 a year (im toying with getting one myself as photos are frustrating) so if anyone wanted to use this forum to sell watches, couldn't the sales part only accept photos from its "official photo folder"? It would put off fly posting to the sales part and give a handy injection of funds to the forum without the fuss of x amounts of posts etc.

Its just a thought really..