• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bambino for me.     

Thanks goodness it’s Friday 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tazmo61 said:

Bulova lunar pilot this morning :thumbs_up:

IoZbI5Hh.jpg

I have been looking at these quite a bit over the last few weeks, but the lug to lug has me a little concerned. 

How do you feel about the lug to lug...does it feel big on wrist?

It is a stunner though...I am so tempted, I'd love to see one in the flesh before buying.

Thanks for sharing Bernie.

• Like 1

Still the revived 1980s Citizen CQ, which has been running accurately for more than 24hrs, so I think it's off life support. The dial pattern disappears in photos, depending how the light falls. The recess by the crown should have a black insert with "WR 100" on it, but most of them seem to have been lost. Bracelet is folded links with an 8mm lug, so wouldn't be easy to replace, but fortunately it's very comfortable. Liking this a lot - thanks @Iceblue :thumbsup:

Citizen

large_dial.jpg.d65e123816a6a791c67f6b6e5217c59c.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I have been looking at these quite a bit over the last few weeks, but the lug to lug has me a little concerned. 

How do you feel about the lug to lug...does it feel big on wrist?

It is a stunner though...I am so tempted, I'd love to see one in the flesh before buying.

Thanks for sharing Bernie.

Thanks mate :thumbsup: Have you noticed there are not many sites that mention the lug to lug measurements , just the width and sometimes the depth . I have the lug to lug at 52mm and on my 7.5 inch wrist , I can just get away with it . But the watch still feels a little big on the wrist . I would ask that you try one on before purchasing , just to be sure , and see how it looks and feels  . If you do purchase one , I hope it fits nicely because they are stunning looking watches IMO . Thanks again mate :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

I have the lug to lug at 52mm and on my 7.5 inch wrist , I can just get away with it . But the watch still feels a little big on the wrist

Ditto, 7.5 inch wrist here also so I should just get away with it also.

I guess we both need to invest in a spacesuit so the watch looks ok on wrist :teethsmile:

51SPCBAqb7L._AC_UX569_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Something from the 'cheap seats'

Not too hard to see what Fossil were looking at when they picked up a pencil and drafted a design on the 'back of a fag packet' 

I bought it as an empty display case with no movement, a couple of damaged hands, and no strap.

I like it, and the domed crystal gives a lovely distortion of the dial. Probably my new beater watch.

IMG_20210326_143116338_HDR.jpg

• Like 11

Oris Aquis diver. 

This is the Hammerhead Shark limited edition, it's the same as the standard Aquis but with a blue second hand.
Part of their conservation range, helping to raise money to help species on the verge of extinction. 

20210326-095544.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

evening , been rocking this for last couple of days ( dont change daily now i am retired) just for fun, dug it put new battery in, and i think i said this before its very accurate for a cheapy,:biggrin:

deano

p2mgSBe.jpg

and will be collecting & consuming one of theses later , :yes:

RX2Ikjk.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, deano1956 said:

evening , been rocking this for last couple of days ( dont change daily now i am retired) just for fun, dug it put new battery in, and i think i said this before its very accurate for a cheapy,:biggrin:

deano

p2mgSBe.jpg

and will be collecting & consuming one of theses later , :yes:

RX2Ikjk.jpg

It reminds me of being taken to the costa del sol as a kid in 1979:laugh:

9 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

A lovely check shirt.

1214252546_IMG_20210326_0931155522.thumb.jpg.d7e5df2a931e697391b34f64118e07a7.jpg

HAGD

And the seconds hand is on the seconds marker spot on it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 26/03/2021 at 10:52, Nigelp said:

Blimey thats a blast from the past 1987? I was living in Sutton Coldfield at the time and the place was full of trendy types in Porsche 944s and Tissot Rock Watches a cool old watch. 

Yes, 1987 is spot on. That’s when I bought it. I resemble your comment on owners of that time, although I was driving a Golf GTI Cabriolet and working in the City of London, but definitely thought I was trendy. :)

Edited by Warby