• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Power reserve?

Not a fan really.

Have always wound hand winders morning and evening. Automatics are ... Automatic. 

My g shocks have never ever registered less than H.

Put it on the back of the gubbins if you must have one , like what Panerai do.

1 minute ago, yokel said:

Agreed, as you well know Sir :yes:

pDDzmha.jpg

In all fairness thats a bit more clinical than most power reserves. Its sort of the fuel gauge on a yacht as opposed to the fuel gauge on a 1979 Ford Capri approach. Typically German. When I was an Auditor in the NHS, I used to spend a lot of time around old Hospitals. And I once found a device called a Maxwell box. It looked victorian and had a dial on the side of a cylinder attached to a rubber tube and a glass tube. The dial was a lot like that. 

I can accept that most complications are fripperies (how often do you really need to look at your watch to find out the phase of the moon?), but some are nice to have on some pieces.

I can also live with the fuel gauge from a 1979 Capri providing it looks to have been "designed in" to the watch concept.

I actually find this face rather pleasing:

j0CPK44.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1