• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Terrific Time-telling Trinketry for Tuesday WRUW

another homebuild today,case and dial from chinese ebay sellers,hands also but i relumed them with C3.rubber strap with glidelock clasp from aliexpress,miyota 8125 from cousins.wasn't sure about an all black sub but i am liking it at the moment.FjEXdAp.jpg?1

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Morning,

Today it’ll be this 1960s German-made Porta from Rudolf Wehner’s 1948-founded Porta-Uhrenfabrik Wehner of Pforzheim. This was essentially a sister company of movement makers PUW (Pforzheimer Uhren-Rohwerke) and today’s example runs on a 17j PUW 360.

Whilst it’s not entirely clear when production of complete Porta-branded watches ceased, Herr Wehner seems to have retired sometime in the early 1970s with PUW discontinuing production of mechanical movements in about 1979 in favour of using quartz calibres until 1990.

Regards.

Porta Gp 2019 2 v.3.jpg

Porta Gp PUW 360 2019 v.3.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Birthday today. My lovely lady got me this. She must have been paying attention to me at some point, because I mentioned several times that I didn't want 'the new one'. The original strap wasn't the best, so I swapped it for this Geckota oiled strap. Have a great sunny day, watch groovers.

51083515372_4ec89b29c8_b.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Morning all.. just. :biggrin:

Lovely day so on with something bright 

enwN67x.jpg

1 hour ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Feeling uncharacteristically positive about this one after not having to reset it forward the hour this week, so it gets it's outing today:

p?i=e27986dd674f2025928e419f9c9c0d53

Most of my Casio’s have to changed manually.. so winter is looking favourable lol  however my gshock did itself :thumbsup:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

My Raymond Weil Marshall edition today.   Really nice watch this, not one I'd have considered when they came out either but I'm glad I had a punt.

20210330-132944.jpg

The DHL guy has just been though and I've got a Rado staring at me... it's a unisex though, I can't really make my mind up on it.

• Like 13