• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning all, SLA025 for me again today. HAGD.

GMT to end the month.

Posted Images

Morning,

This early Onsa from the 1940s gets its annual outing today.

Hans Gilomen’s Onsa Watch Company didn’t make their own movements. Instead, they used quite decent calibres from the major ebauches houses, like this variant of the Cal. 394 which was made by either AM (Adolf Michel) or by Felsa, uncertainty still existing over exactly which of these two manufacturers was responsible for it.

Regards.

Onsa old 2 v.3.jpg

Onsa old Felsa 394 variant 2 v.3.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Z8sOEggVamE-TJRI6bFFRUxA7HzmCVRhafSt1BTm

The sun has gone but it is still unseasonably warm. All the taters are in now, as well as another double-row of broad beans, three rows of parsnips and some "Autumn King" carrots that I sowed in a 30cm wide band rather than in rows.

That fluorescent green and orange strand snaking across the soil is my garden line, lovingly made for me by my wife, who has some spare acrylic yarn and used some ancient method of cord making from Viking times, using a device known as a lucet. I originally thought it was spelled "lucette" but that seems to be a proprietary brand of contraceptive pill.

You live and learn.

• Like 9