• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Straight off the bat I want to say I have 'F-all' to do with this company. I just thought it was interesting enough to let you guys know about it. So I can't answer any questions about it.

Also, I don't know if it should be here or in the watch build/repair section.

4 minutes ago, al_kaholik said:

How much is the kit? You can buy most of this stuff dirt cheap on eBay, so if its not very cheap you are just paying a middle-person for the privilege of putting it together in a box

I think its about $300 and comes with tools and stuff.

There's zero chance of me getting one of these as being a shaky old man I may as well buy it and get it delivered to my dustbin out back. 

Its interesting to see something like this being sold with instructions and parts explaining. I see a few people in here playing around with fixing and modding their own watches, they might want to have a blast at this.

Not for me at that price, the tools will be throw-away items and to be honest the watch just the same.

Buying parts and tools yourself would likely come in cheaper and some research would likely make it simple. Because if we are honest, its a Lego kit (dial, hands, case, movement) rather than a 'from scratch' build. And to do that, its a few screwdrivers, a couple of pairs of tweezers and hand presses.

• Like 1

I do tend to agree with my colleague al_kaholic on this one. OK the finished watches don't look too shabby and the design at least is passable. However, with this sort of kit item, there is no real excitement or creativity as there would be from a scratch-built watch, and when it comes to the purchase of a watch that I need to be reliable, I would far prefer to spend a bit more and have my watches manufactured by a company that knows what it is doing and which gives me a guarantee on the item. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, al_kaholik said:

Not for me at that price, the tools will be throw-away items and to be honest the watch just the same.

Buying parts and tools yourself would likely come in cheaper and some research would likely make it simple. Because if we are honest, its a Lego kit (dial, hands, case, movement) rather than a 'from scratch' build. And to do that, its a few screwdrivers, a couple of pairs of tweezers and hand presses.

I think you do build the movement from parts (I think that's the whole point in doing it). As a watch, I don't think it would be all that good but as an experience, I think it would be cool.

I like it, a kit like this which has all the bits you need right out of the box and a full set of assembly instructions.  I think it's a great way to get into it.  Ordinarily I wouldn't know where to start but with a kit containing and explaining everything, makes sense to me.