• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hi all,

I have recently opted for a change on my SLA025 to an Uncle Seiko tyre tread strap which is actually more like the watch it was based on (the 6159-7001). I have zero to do with Uncle Seiko nor had I ever used them before but I saw the USA site recommended on a few forums from posts back in 2018 so I thought I'd give the UK one a go. Arrived within 2 days and I am massively impressed with the strap so is definitely something I would recommend in the future.

Here it is before on the waffle strap:

51000514834_4895eefd8d_h.jpg

Here is it after on the tyre tread:

51088760463_090716f140_h.jpg

And for the sake of thoroughness, here is the 6159-7001 from the 1960s (pic from Fratello watches):

Screen-Shot-2020-10-13-at-1.51.11-PM.jpg

Cheers :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Not that anybody asked or cares but further research has shown that the 6159-7000 was actually not released on tyre tread strap despite the image released by seiko showing it on one. It was just on the chocolate bar or waffle style so ignore everything I said above. :rolleyes:

Who knew :whistle: