• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tudor "Coke" !? ... and possible skulduggery within the watch world ...

What a load of "tosh". Saying that is inspired by Rolex, is like saying a green Mini is inspired by Tim Birkins Bentley. Nothing wrong with Bell and Ross other than, in my opinion, they are grossly overpriced. My GMT chronometer runs a modified ETA 2893-2. (Whatever that means) and after a healthy discount, was sub £1k.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

My GMT chronometer runs a modified ETA 2893-2. (Whatever that means) 

Pretty much the same as IWC ... it usually means the ETA is either a base movement , or they actually modify the actual movement etc etc.

B&R , IWC and many more are "adding value" in less that obvious ways.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

I hope for a new Ranger , with size of 37-39mm and non riveted bracelet, absence of the rose logo, a shield only + Explorer case. Mmm,dreams.

Would seem logical to launch some SS sports/tool watches seeing as their parent company can not manage to stock their outlets.... We shall see.... 

Wonder how close your wish is to reality ?

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyOldBoy said:

Would seem logical to launch some SS sports/tool watches seeing as their parent company can not manage to stock their outlets.... We shall see.... 

Wonder how close your wish is to reality ?

If it is close or spot on - I will buy probably it without trying it on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Pretty much the same as IWC ... it usually means the ETA is either a base movement , or they actually modify the actual movement etc etc.

B&R , IWC and many more are "adding value" in less that obvious ways.

Modified movement can mean something as simple as a different rotor. (In some cases), sounds good though.

• Like 1