• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Yes I know. Lorus. 

Seiko, in their wisdom made Pulsar.. but if Pulsar was a bit out of your pocket reach, you could always get a Lorus. Down at the bottom end of exquisite you can pick up a timepiece that has all the functions of a wrist sundial for half the price!

Yes I'm joking a little bit and these watches, although not much bigger than your piggy bank, function well but not many prospective marriage candidates will faint at the sight of them. Although.. 

This is mine. Simple. Quartz. Unobtrusive. Fitted with a stainless steel black and silver insert band. Easy to read. If it ever falls in front of a steamroller, yeah.. I'll miss it.large.20210402_190819.jpg.d32a67975135569bfc204a35b49d315d.jpg

• Like 3

Maybe there's just exceptions to every rule, but I don't think they're so easy to pigeon hole. This is a Pulsar 7T62 I had.

DSC_9154_s

Unfortunately the hands didn't line up and I wrecked it trying to reseat them. Sold for parts in the end.

This was my only experience of Lorus. Bought not working for £12.50 from a charity shop. After a new battery and the NATO, worked fine but just felt rather ordinary. It made all of £7 when I sold it.

2019-06-24_11-35-33

• Like 2
4 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Maybe there's just exceptions to every rule, but I don't think they're so easy to pigeon hole. This is a Pulsar 7T62 I had.

DSC_9154_s

Unfortunately the hands didn't line up and I wrecked it trying to reseat them. Sold for parts in the end.

This was my only experience of Lorus. Bought not working for £12.50 from a charity shop. After a new battery and the NATO, worked fine but just felt rather ordinary. It made all of £7 when I sold it.

2019-06-24_11-35-33

That looked good on a NATO though, but it is hit and miss with resale figures on Lorus.

I have a Lorus 'dress' watch that I have had on Fl-eBay a couple of times, and nobody was interested both times it was on.

PC32-X019-Lorus-Mens-Date-Sports-Watch-5 Like this on pic-click

Surely worth a 99p starting price....but no, not even a sniff.

I like the Seiko Group offerings, and I like the crazy stuff that Pulsar, and Lorus make that Seiko wouldn't even consider.

For example...

PULSAR YM62-X001.jpg

• Haha 1

I have a number of rather nice Lorus quartz watches in my collection still, and I am a fan of the brand. OK, some Lorus watches are a bit humdrum, and if you are sensible, you don't buy Lorus watches with a view to making a financial killing. However, I am always surprised at how attractive Lorus watches can be, and whenever I look at the current Lorus watches on sale via the various retailers, there always seems to be a bargain or something I rather like for not a lot of money.

• Like 1