• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Archimede watches ... thoughts ?

that tick my boxes, three hands ,stick markers white dial, i have had the white dial( dont see it now) in the basket more than once , has a individul look to me, no idea if they are worth the money for whats inside never do:biggrin: , sure i seem to remember some on here has/ has one, seen it in wuwtd threads. i have enough for now though! :laugh:

deano

p.s just seen this i like the oranage  sh!!

https://www.archimede-watches.com/outdoor-39-we.-s.o

Edited by deano1956

I had a Pilot (42 iirc?) many moons ago - It was a very well made & finished watch - One of the best Pilot watches I have owned - I had the Automatic version, but there was a Manual also - One of my many "Why did I sell that?" watches ... :bash:

• Like 1

I have always liked the look of their ETA 6498 Deck Watch, I almost pulled the trigger when a similar Wilson Watch Works became available and I chose that.

tempdeckwatch-archimede-dbr_1vbBIRYn2zw0

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JayDeep said:

Haven't had any personal experience to relay since I really don't like them at all.

That's like saying I don't like Martians ... I find them offensive ... Although I have never met one ... 

2 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

That's like saying I don't like Martians ... I find them offensive ... Although I have never met one ... 

That's not even close to an accurate assessment or analogy. And it's very curious that you'd want to paint it that way.

I don't find the watches offensive at all, that was your inadequate word choice. I actually don't find anything offensive about any inanimate object, especially those I haven't spent my money on, because to do so would be mentally bankrupt. In fact, all indications, based on watch specs and user reviews, would lead me to believe that they're very good quality timepieces. I simply don't like their designs at all. Boring would be putting it politely. But that's okay, because it's not my money being spent on one. So I hope you like your new watch. Don't be so offended when someone else doesn't like something you do. It's not a personal attack, it's just a subjective matter of taste.

I still hold Casio watches in higher regard than most brands, however, I won't get into a dick contest over any brand of watch. 

Take it easy lads (mostly), it's not all about watches.:wink:

• Like 1
13 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Been virtually window shopping as you do in times of no-real-shopping and came across this little fellow .... Seems decent-is value for what it is.

Any Archimede owners hear ? Or anyone with any opinions ?

https://www.archimede-watches.com/klassik-200-si.-ls

Seems to me i can shop around both in life and online and get 16-20 nice vintage watches to choose from to put a smile on my face. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for some kind of future object that my great grand daughter can show off on "flog it".. I just want to have a bit of fun when I look at my wrist.

But... dive in.. :thumbsup: