• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning Smiths Military PRS-29AM (Cal: Sellita SW210) for a white Easter morning.

Poljot OKEAH 3133 HAGD

Got to be this newly acquired one, giving it plenty of wrist time!

Posted Images

Custom Seiko 6309 diver fitted with a 6306 movement (this hacks & has a Japanese/kanji day wheel). I put it together myself - all parts are Seiko - & I've had it years now. All finished off with a beautiful chestnut Toshi strap. It's gained 30 seconds over the last 3 days & it's a keeper :thumbs_up:

20210405_090520.jpg

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Morning,

From the very bottom of Smiths’ bottom drawer comes this Smiths Empire running on their 5j RY movement.

Made at the joint Smiths/Ingersoll/Vickers factory in Ystradgynlais, Wales and designated the Anglo-Celtic Watch Co Ltd who were responsible for Smiths’ cheaper models, marked as “Made in Great Britain” as opposed to “Made in England” shown on their better models.

Opened in 1946 with reportedly significant emphasis placed on staff welfare and healthcare, the Welsh plant employed nearly 1,500 workers at its peak, ultimately closing in 1980 after apparently producing some 30m watches during its 34-year lifetime.

Regards.

Smiths Empire 2019 v.2.jpg

Smiths Empire RY mvmt v.2.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2