• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Leica Titanium auto-wind wrist-watch.

I'm looking for some information to identify a Leica watch that I bought from "The Red House" in Gibraltar about 2002 - 2005.  The Red House sold everything Leica, Cameras - range finders & binoculars and I have no reason to suspect it was not from Leica.

I've tried Googling, e-Bay and all other searches I can think of but nothing gives any results.  

The watch has a round stainless steel body, 25mm dia, housed in an oblong Titanium surround 27mm x 35mm. On the reverse of the case is engraved LEICA COLLECTION   - MADE IN GERMANY - STAINLESS STEEL _ 5ATM.

The face is completely plain except fo the name "LEICA" top centre and a date indicator 1.5mm in diameter at the 6 position.

The hours indicators are simple radial dashes, 2mm long,  at each of the hours with no numbers shown. The hour and minute hands are black, a simple triangular shape tapering to to a point. The Titanium sweep second hand is a very narrow triangle also tapering to a point.

I've tried to attached a photo from my album but unsuccessful. 

Any information would be most welcome.

32 minutes ago, GeriatricGeek said:

I'm looking for some information to identify a Leica watch that I bought from "The Red House" in Gibraltar about 2002 - 2005.  The Red House sold everything Leica, Cameras - range finders & binoculars and I have no reason to suspect it was not from Leica.

I've tried Googling, e-Bay and all other searches I can think of but nothing gives any results.  

The watch has a round stainless steel body, 25mm dia, housed in an oblong Titanium surround 27mm x 35mm. On the reverse of the case is engraved LEICA COLLECTION   - MADE IN GERMANY - STAINLESS STEEL _ 5ATM.

The face is completely plain except fo the name "LEICA" top centre and a date indicator 1.5mm in diameter at the 6 position.

The hours indicators are simple radial dashes, 2mm long,  at each of the hours with no numbers shown. The hour and minute hands are black, a simple triangular shape tapering to to a point. The Titanium sweep second hand is a very narrow triangle also tapering to a point.

I've tried to attached a photo from my album but unsuccessful. 

Any information would be most welcome.

You need to use German search terms, so "Leica Uhren" or Leica Armbanduhren" will throw up many hits. It looks like Leica have collaborated with several different manufacturers over the years. For example this ladies watch in the "Leica Collection", apparently made by Otto F. Schneider of Phorzheim. Clues to the maker of yours may be inside, or on the documentation it came with.

https://www.catawiki.de/l/5989697-leica-damenarmbanduhr-kollektion-942328

0bf9eb86-474f-11e6-9341-5dd6d5a8c2a7.jpg

More recently they've been getting involved in the whole concept, including the movement. https://ernst-leitz-werkstaetten.com/en/the-vision/

• Like 1

In connection with Leica watches, you might like to read the article dated 13 June 2018 on Hodinkee by Stephen Pulvirent entitled, "Introducing the Leica L1 and L2 Watches (Live Pics & Details)", online at hodinkee.com/articles/leica-watch-l1-l2-introducing