• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I spent a couple of hours tiding up the garage yesterday (so it looks worse that when i started) and whilst going through a box on old stuff, i found i watch I wore about 15 years ago and had completely forgotten about.

I effectively became a watch guy on my wedding day, 10 years ago. Prior to then I owned watches one at a time, generally letting a strap break and getting another watch some time after. However about 11 years ago I bought myself an Accurist Quartz Chrono F1 Special Edition which I loved. On my wedding day, my wife gave me an Emporio Armani Sports watch which was at that time, the nicest and most expensive watch I'd owned and it was also the first time i found myself owning 2 watches that I wanted to give wrist time to. Since I became quickly comfortable with the consept of having more than 1 watch, the floodgates opened which seemingly just get wider.

Prior to yesterday, I have 2 watches from before that point however yesterday's box also revealed this sitting strapless at the bottom of it:

2021-04-05_04-49-40

This is the Sekonda 03780. It looks like Sekonda updated this model until recent years with some design updates. When I dug it out of the box, the battery was dead but somehow hadn't leaked so a new one went in and it fired up straight away. The case has some minor scratches and dings and the crystal has some specks on the inside but no scratches. The lugs are a whopping 24mm so i stuck it on this (not a) James Bond nato and a 24mm is on the way from Amazon.

I don't go for square cases so i'm enjoying the novelty of giving this some wrist time after a 15 year gap. What I really like is the thought that when this fell off my wrist in around 2005, it left a guy that liked watches but that's pretty much where it ended. Now it's back the same guy who is in a different world regarding watches with a collection some way from the thoughts of a guy in his 20's throwing £50 down on a Sekonda...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, antjrice said:

I spent a couple of hours tiding up the garage yesterday (so it looks worse that when i started) and whilst going through a box on old stuff, i found i watch I wore about 15 years ago and had completely forgotten about.

I effectively became a watch guy on my wedding day, 10 years ago. Prior to then I owned watches one at a time, generally letting a strap break and getting another watch some time after. However about 11 years ago I bought myself an Accurist Quartz Chrono F1 Special Edition which I loved. On my wedding day, my wife gave me an Emporio Armani Sports watch which was at that time, the nicest and most expensive watch I'd owned and it was also the first time i found myself owning 2 watches that I wanted to give wrist time to. Since I became quickly comfortable with the consept of having more than 1 watch, the floodgates opened which seemingly just get wider.

Prior to yesterday, I have 2 watches from before that point however yesterday's box also revealed this sitting strapless at the bottom of it:

2021-04-05_04-49-40

This is the Sekonda 03780. It looks like Sekonda updated this model until recent years with some design updates. When I dug it out of the box, the battery was dead but somehow hadn't leaked so a new one went in and it fired up straight away. The case has some minor scratches and dings and the crystal has some specks on the inside but no scratches. The lugs are a whopping 24mm so i stuck it on this (not a) James Bond nato and a 24mm is on the way from Amazon.

I don't go for square cases so i'm enjoying the novelty of giving this some wrist time after a 15 year gap. What I really like is the thought that when this fell off my wrist in around 2005, it left a guy that liked watches but that's pretty much where it ended. Now it's back the same guy who is in a different world regarding watches with a collection some way from the thoughts of a guy in his 20's throwing £50 down on a Sekonda...

I like the movement - running seconds on the sub-dial?  I have a Sekonda Chrono too, but only a 45 minute register:

No photo description available.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Ran out of reactions, but both nice watches.

Does the Emporio Armani still get wrist time

It does when I'm on my bike (cycle).

I like to wear a watch when I'm on a ride but wouldn't put a mechanical watch through the challenges of Surrey's potholes! 

35 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I like the movement - running seconds on the sub-dial?  I have a Sekonda Chrono too, but only a 45 minute register:

No photo description available.

That's a beauty! 

Mine does indeed have seconds on the 6 o'clock sub dial. 

• Thanks 1