• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Just Ordered An Eterna

I have just ordered this Eterna Eternity from H S Johnson for £379 :huh:  40mm, sapphire crystal, Sellita movement

Most of what's on sale are fashion watches but there are a number of Eterna models

eterna-2700-41-50-1736-eternity-steel-br

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, JoT said:

That will be why Jura sell these for £1,590 then? :laugh:

Great watch at your price ... Agreed £1.5K these days is chronometer pricing so a Sellita driven watch that can often be +[9-11seconds] per day at that full RRP is a bit off the mark , but for four hundred squid, the case finishing and detailing will be hard to beat.

• Like 1

Nice looking watch. How thick is it? 

I bought a similar quartz one from Jomashop last year (through lockdown #1 boredom) but ended up really not liking it,  I should have plumped for the auto.  

That black sunburst dial looks gorgeous, I'd wear that. 

The watch arrived at lunchtime, dial is a darker grey than the image above which is good, sunburst effect is very fine and barely noticeable without close inspection, applied batons and hands are polished steel, no lume. Polished case 40mm diameter ex-crown and around 10mm thick with display back, slightly domed sapphire crystal. The bracelet is not bulky and very comfortable and works well with the watch, clasp is a butterfly and easily fits my 8 inch wrist. I don't know what grade Sellita SW200-1 movement it is but Eterna have signed the rotor with "Eterna Matic", the rotor is decorated with Cotes de Geneve stripes and the movement fine stippling. Came with inner and outer boxes, warranty cards.

Sale price listed as £390 and with additional discount came in at £379 including free postage.

No complaints at that!

large.IMAG2022.jpg.0fe07f5a20867bc6c11b9fe3cb0af1b0.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2021 at 19:16, Dilly said:

Is the 5 circle logo anything to do with the rotor bearing? Did they invent it or does it just remind me of that?

yes Eterna did invent the ball bearing rotor and were the genesis of ETA, yes that ETA. A very heavyweight company historically that have fallen on hard times. I love their watches.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2021 at 16:22, JayDeep said:

Love the dial! Would immediately ditch the non fitted bracelet for leather of it were mine, but really it looks great. That dial is fantastic!

That is the Eterna bracelet which comes with the watch, not sure why the decided on no fitted end-pieces perhaps it is a heritage thing? It looks nice on a plain black leather strap

• Agree 1

On 07/04/2021 at 13:44, JoT said:

The watch arrived at lunchtime, dial is a darker grey than the image above which is good, sunburst effect is very fine and barely noticeable without close inspection, applied batons and hands are polished steel, no lume. Polished case 40mm diameter ex-crown and around 10mm thick with display back, slightly domed sapphire crystal. The bracelet is not bulky and very comfortable and works well with the watch, clasp is a butterfly and easily fits my 8 inch wrist. I don't know what grade Sellita SW200-1 movement it is but Eterna have signed the rotor with "Eterna Matic", the rotor is decorated with Cotes de Geneve stripes and the movement fine stippling. Came with inner and outer boxes, warranty cards.

Sale price listed as £390 and with additional discount came in at £379 including free postage.

No complaints at that!

large.IMAG2022.jpg.0fe07f5a20867bc6c11b9fe3cb0af1b0.jpg

Lovely addition to your collection :thumbsup:, there seems to have been quite a few Eternas at really good prices recently.

I really like this one but haven't space for it at the moment.

https://www.hsjohnson.com/watches-c123/mens-watches-c116/eterna-2945-53-61-1716-eternity-two-tone-steel-bracelet-automatic-wristwatch-p18174/s24746?cid=GBP&gclid=CjwKCAjw-qeFBhAsEiwA2G7Nl8BLhupQ1D9fcW6CG5U8VIaPjIcyMp4-78wEU6Yvbbv4YI_mxH6RHRoCmG4QAvD_BwE

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Graham60 said:

Lovely addition to your collection :thumbsup:, there seems to have been quite a few Eternas at really good prices recently.

I really like this one but haven't space for it at the moment.

https://www.hsjohnson.com/watches-c123/mens-watches-c116/eterna-2945-53-61-1716-eternity-two-tone-steel-bracelet-automatic-wristwatch-p18174/s24746?cid=GBP&gclid=CjwKCAjw-qeFBhAsEiwA2G7Nl8BLhupQ1D9fcW6CG5U8VIaPjIcyMp4-78wEU6Yvbbv4YI_mxH6RHRoCmG4QAvD_BwE

Thanks G, I was tempted to go for that myself

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoT said:

Thanks G, I was tempted to go for that myself

Yeah it's a really nice looking piece at a good price. This temptation to add just one more is hard at times, but must stay strong and resist. :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1