• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Quartz Watch Storage - Crown In Or Out?

I tried (& failed) to find any discussion / threads on this issue - The one watch I own that I only wear for "formal" occasions is a bog standard quartz model - It only sees the light of day half a dozen times a year (or never in the last "annus horribilis") - I wanted to know whether it is better to store a quartz watch with the crown pulled out, which on my watch stops the watch - I don't want to do this if it is not good for the movement and/or is false economy as, from what I have read, it can cause the battery to run down more than when it is left running? - I found reference to this issue in other forums and opinion seemed pretty split, some saying pulling the crown out is fine & others saying it is better for the watch to be left running? - Does it depend on what quartz movement is in the watch? - Anyway, what do you think?
Paul 

I'm an "outie" 

Simple reason being that 9/10 quartz watches I've bought had a little thing on the crown that needed removed before use.

I guess the manufacturers had a reason for doing it during storage and I guess they know more about it than random people on the internet.

On 06/04/2021 at 00:40, SolaVeritate said:

I'm an "outie" 

Simple reason being that 9/10 quartz watches I've bought had a little thing on the crown that needed removed before use.

I guess the manufacturers had a reason for doing it during storage and I guess they know more about it than random people on the internet.

On 06/04/2021 at 09:01, Bonzodog said:

Crown in.

I'm a shake it all about type of guy.

• Haha 1