• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New Rolex Watches released this morning ....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Explorers are on there too .... nice bi-metal one .... amongst other hideous dials , like this one : https://www.rolex.com/watches/cosmograph-daytona/m116519ln-0038.html

No longer excited about this brand! They might aswell as well marketed it as '2021 new prototypes' as fat chance you will be able to get one retail! Moving towards the more obtainable Omega brand

A complete disappointment from Rolex.  Tudor made a much better go of it this time around I’d say!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, zapot said:

39mm Explorer has been discontinued -

Given Explorer is now 36mm, does that mean my recently purchased 214270 will decrease in price?

Outgoing/discontinued Rolex models often increase in price.

The new 36mm bi-metal "Rolesor" Explorer looks lovely.  I wonder if it'll possible to actually buy one?

13 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Good to see a 36mm Explorer.

Yep , and jungle drums are saying Rolex ditched production of some models for a sizeable part of 2020 to actual make them, so it's entirely possible that they may appear in shops .... notice the use of the words "possible" and "may" :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, zapot said:

39mm Explorer has been discontinued -

Given Explorer is now 36mm, does that mean my recently purchased 214270 will decrease in price?

Nope, it means you have a relatively rare Rolex which will appreciate in value

No longer excited about this brand! They might aswell as well marketed it as '2021 new prototypes' as fat chance you will be able to get one retail!:toot:

Moving towards the more obtainable Omega brand now.

Better value

Better accuracy (Meta)

Better movements

Just as iconic

Well that's me personal view anyway. 

• Like 2

I think the 36mm Explorer will be very sought after and curiously for me I also quite like the two-tone version, a bit surprised they have withdrawn the 39mm Explorer, perhaps the waiting list wasn't long enough :biggrin:

The Explorer II upgrades to the 3285 movement, chromalight lume and oysterlock bracelet is just tweaking. My problem with the new generation Explorer II is the size, I tried one on a few years ago and at 42 mm it just doesn't look right.

I like the Daytona with the iron meteorite dial although Omega beat them to this years ago, I like the Widmanstätten patterns the nickel–iron crystals make, still wouldn't buy a white gold cased watch on a rubber strap even if I could afford one!

I think the nicest of the new offerings is this blue Datejust 36 https://www.rolex.com/watches/datejust/m126200-0021.html

Fullscreen capture 08042021 083841.bmp.jpg

I must admit I find the upgraded Explorer II laughable. They've taken a not particularly popular watch and visually changed almost nothing. Where is the new bezel or GMT hand predicted by the Internet? At least something to make it look different. "Oooh it's got the new in-house movement" - big deal.

1 hour ago, GASHEAD said:

I must admit I find the upgraded Explorer II laughable. They've taken a not particularly popular watch and visually changed almost nothing. Where is the new bezel or GMT hand predicted by the Internet? At least something to make it look different. "Oooh it's got the new in-house movement" - big deal.

It's been muted that Rolex are currently producing a watch surplus in that they are releasing  only about 90% of their stock into the ADs. Nothing they have released yesterday involves major production shifts for the time heavy portions of the raw materials-to-customer journey and for me its a possible clue to what is happening. The ironic truth maybe that they are sacrificing certain sales opportunities to try and pair back their offerings temporarily to try and get some watches into the shops, logically the OPs one would think ... we shall see. There was an article in one of the blogs a few months back based on feedback from ADs across the globe that pretty much predicted this ... I will try and find it ... 

1 hour ago, GASHEAD said:

yep exactley why i wont be rushing to update mine for this "new " model , from all but a foot away you wont tell the difference (certainley with the white dial) cant say i am upset was deading a ceramic bezel as i would have had to condier upgarding .  save me a shed load of money, thank you rolex :laugh:

deano

16 hours ago, Craftycockney said:

No longer excited about this brand! They might aswell as well marketed it as '2021 new prototypes' as fat chance you will be able to get one retail!:toot:

Moving towards the more obtainable Omega brand now.

Well that's me personal view anyway. 

you say that but you try and buy one of theses retail!! :biggrin: might not be years like some rolex models but & look at grey market prices !

deano

Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award 50th Anniversary // Review

Edited by deano1956
1 hour ago, deano1956 said:

yep exactley why i wont be rushing to update mine for this "new " model , from all but a foot away you wont tell the difference (certainley with the white dial) cant say i am upset was deading a ceramic bezel as i would have had to condier upgarding .  save me a shed load of money, thank you rolex :laugh:

deano

you say that but you try and buy one of theses retail!! :biggrin: might not be years like some rolex models but & look at grey market prices !

deano

Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award 50th Anniversary // Review

I agree but that would a few and far models with Omega but in reality pretty much every SS Rolex has become a comedidity.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, spinynorman said:

"Calibre 9001 has a blue Parachrom hairspring manufactured by Rolex in an exclusive paramagnetic alloy that makes it up to 10 times more precise..."

I hate this marketing waffle. What the hell is "10 times more precise"?

It's either precise, or it isn't. :cursed:

Precisely.

• Haha 1
On 07/04/2021 at 18:45, AlwaysAlba said:

Poor old Rolex, can't win whatever they do

They could. 

They have a stellar lineup of watches no-one can get hold of. 

Give people what they want.

In greater quantities.

At sensible prices.

And stop fannying around.

36mm Explorer: Grail

Two-tone Explorer: Fail.