• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What is your favourite watch release of this year so far?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to the cheap seats, the Timex S1 Giorgio Galli automatic, blue dial.  

There are so many to like. That green pistachio Breitling is to die for, but the price.......  So  these two so far  

Glashutte Original SeaQ 39.5mm in the new green colour. Basically everything I want in a diver with it perfect size, skindiver case, colourful dial, applied indices & retro numerals (present on a

Posted Images

Haven't looked into it too much yet. Not a fan of the tag bezel that I saw. Tudor is a safe bet, I like the Breitlings, but the pricing way off. Apart from Hodinkkee where are you all getting info from? 

The BB panda stands out for me and is a reasonable price when compared to other brands. Was hoping Rolex would be more bold but could never really see a ceramic bezel on the Explorer 2. A different coloured dial would have been nice though and I was hoping for blue or green. They’ve gone bi-metal on the Explorer and therefore confirmed that yellow gold is back in vogue!

For me it's the Breitling Premier B25 Datora 42

2021-04-08_08-48-42

I think this is a gorgeous and desireable watch. It's £10k but at that price, could be a 'maybe one day' watch.

At a personal level, if this was a 40mm, i might have all my watches on eBay already to make this happen but at 42mm, I instead look forward to seeking this out to try on to experience the fit and feel.

Breitling have released some other bi-compax Premier versions this week at 40mm which are great, but not in the league of the above.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, antjrice said:

For me it's the Breitling Premier B25 Datora 42

2021-04-08_08-48-42

I think this is a gorgeous and desireable watch. It's £10k but at that price, could be a 'maybe one day' watch.

At a personal level, if this was a 40mm, i might have all my watches on eBay already to make this happen but at 42mm, I instead look forward to seeking this out to try on to experience the fit and feel.

Breitling have released some other bi-compax Premier versions this week at 40mm which are great, but not in the league of the above.

Nice, but the OCD in me just would not be able to cope with all those cut off numbers so there could be sub dials.

• Like 1

Good shout on the Hamilton. For me it's simply the fact that it is now available on a bracelet which elevates the white dial to my most likely to buy automatic chronograph following on from my disappointment to learn that the Longines Spirit chronos are 52mm lug to lug.

44 minutes ago, antjrice said:

That's definately a marmite feature as I like that on a dressy chrono.

But do you like Marmite?

I'm not keen on the cut numbers, and don't like marmite either, I'd be interested if there is a direct correlation.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Going to the cheap seats, the Timex S1 Giorgio Galli automatic, blue dial.

Timex-Giorgio-Galli-S1-Automatic-Value-P

It's a really smart looking watch, but would you spend £400 on a Timex watch?

I know that probably comes off as snobby, but it seems an awful lot of money for a Timex.

I guess some brands just say the wrong thing, even when they do it right, I had a CK infinity automatic which was a genuinely lovely watch in my opinion, easily the equal of the Maurice Lacroix Pontus I had at the same time, but I just kept coming back to the fact it said Calvin Klein on the dial.

10 hours ago, Bricey said:

I know that probably comes off as snobby, but it seems an awful lot of money for a Timex.

Predictable comment.:yes: If it had "Baltic" on the dial, I dare say the comments would be more positively biased. The case manufacturing method is interesting, and it also uses a Miyota 9039 movement, whereas many microbrand assemblers in the same price range use the cheaper 8xxx movements. One thing that does trouble me a little is that if you go on the Timex U.K. site, some of their feedback is a little worrying, and I know I'm not alone in saying (from experience) their customer support has massive room for improvement.

12 minutes ago, Kamakazie! said:

The case on the Timex is lovely. It's a real step up in look to their normal releases and there's no reason why these brands can't push up market (in part) with everyone else.

I do agree, but I think it is so difficult for any brand in any industry to redefine where they sit in a structure. It can take decades. Look at Skoda and Volvo as examples, as I was growing up these were seen as ugly or terrible, now both are seen as makers of very nice/good cars.

If we are discussing the watch on its own merits, it looks really nice in my opinion, and the specs are decent at the price point, but it still comes with a timex logo that is going to tie it to the rest of their watches of the past, which by and large, were budget options.

If Lorus released a £400 automatic with good specs, many would still see the £25 watch in local budget jewellers. 

5 hours ago, Bricey said:

I do agree, but I think it is so difficult for any brand in any industry to redefine where they sit in a structure. It can take decades. Look at Skoda and Volvo as examples, as I was growing up these were seen as ugly or terrible, now both are seen as makers of very nice/good cars.

If we are discussing the watch on its own merits, it looks really nice in my opinion, and the specs are decent at the price point, but it still comes with a timex logo that is going to tie it to the rest of their watches of the past, which by and large, were budget options.

If Lorus released a £400 automatic with good specs, many would still see the £25 watch in local budget jewellers. 

It is difficult but perfectly possible if the product can justify it.

I'm not suggesting they will succeed but just that it is a bit.unfair to judge a products value based on a brands previous watches.

We probably all do it though. I know I do with pretty much all the big mainstream brands. How much?!!

5 hours ago, Bricey said:

It is difficult but perfectly possible if the product can justify it.

I'm not suggesting they will succeed but just that it is a bit unfair to judge a products value based on a brands previous watches.

We probably all do it though. I know I do with pretty much all the big mainstream brands. How much?!!