• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thursday 8th April display

First new day as a forum member, I do like the idea of sharing what I'm wearing for the day and seeing what others have chosen.

Today I have gone with an incredibly comfortable Christopher Ward C65, I love the vintage look, the size is perfect and despite the diver bezel, the face is a nice size (I had a C60 38mm, and the chunky bezel and slightly smaller overall size made the dial seem too small).

nNn07As.jpg

Probably not one for the purists, but I wear this on an elasticated nato style strap. It came with a camel leather strap (which is comfortable and in keeping with the retro/vintage feel of the watch) and a black hybrid (which looks great in my opinion, but has an embossed CW logo on the inside which marks te wrist if worn snug/tight). I like the look of a Nato, but find that to wear them tight means they feel very tighet, and to leave a little breathing space allows the watch to flop about a bit. The elasticated strap allows me to wear it snug and secure, but still have movement of my wrist.

Anyway, glas to be here and 'meet' you all.

I really need to type slower unless I can find an "edit post" option to correct my typo's!

• Like 15

One of the watches this process was supposed to haul back out at least once. This little Gucci was a graduation gift in the mid 90's and having sized it up I put away the spare links from the integrated bracelet in the box in a safe place. several house moves later... no chance! so it's been sitting for years wearable only if I didn't require blood flow to my left hand. Having found a few spare links on ebay recently I can now wear it again although at 32mm it wears tiny - even in the mid 90's when watches were smaller and I had the scrawny wrists of youth I thought it was small. This particular example features the rare manual date complication (the date change broke:():

p?i=6a36156b9b2ab8d19ed67ee71b2cac78

22 minutes ago, Bricey said:

I really need to type slower unless I can find an "edit post" option to correct my typo's!

3 little dots in the top right of the box containing your post, times out after 15 minutes though.

Edited by Perlative Cernometer
  • Like 10

Morning,

I’m a bit partial to MuDu watches. Sometimes they come with a warning to beware of knock-offs with similar sounding names, so when this Nu-Du became available it was a chance to see whether it was merely a cheapo imitation.

A year down the line and all I can say is that today’s effort is not cheapo imitation of anything, MuDu or otherwise. It runs on a perfectly decent 25j AS 2063 auto and has clearly been produced by a mainstream manufacturer, probably in about 1970.

Sadly, I’ve no idea who that was and I haven’t found another example of this brand which may have yielded some clues.

Regards.     

Nu-Du 2021 2 v.3.jpg

Nu-Du AS 2063 before v.3.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

After one of my 70s died yesterday I'm a teeny bit afraid to wear any of my vintage numbers. I'm still upset, how can anybody be upset over a bit of metal? It wasn't even worth that much money. Ffs!

Anyway.. 

large.20210408_105602.jpg.dad0d6602f0bd8428d462e275bbb6fe5.jpg

This is what I'm rocking today. 

Simple and reliable. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

After one of my 70s died yesterday I'm a teeny bit afraid to wear any of my vintage numbers. I'm still upset, how can anybody be upset over a bit of metal? It wasn't even worth that much money. Ffs!

Anyway.. 

large.20210408_105602.jpg.dad0d6602f0bd8428d462e275bbb6fe5.jpg

This is what I'm rocking today. 

Simple and reliable. 

Sorry for your loss.

Never be ashamed of forming an attachment with a piece of metal!

I still sometimes miss my own blue-face Pulsar, which was an inexpensive watch and nothing spectacular (pictured bottom right below) but had an appeal for me.

h4lu7Y7.jpg

9 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

Bulova today :thumbs_up:

29uqtUQh.jpg

You an Paulboy should go out and get a coffee together, watch-twins!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Wls1VVm.jpg

I have demagnetised this, stuck it on the mic for the timing app; currently regulated to -9 secs/day. I'll be wearing this for a couple of days to see how it runs. New bezel insert is apparently on it's way from Merica.

• Like 10